The Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce strives to engage the area’s public and private sectors in a common goal of creating prosperity for our communities and our residents. We regularly work with elected officials on issues and programs that move our city and region forward.
Click here for our 2014 state legislative agenda.
Click here for our 2014 Metro legislative agenda.
Each year, the Chamber frames key policy goals for the year. The current plan includes:
- An environment where business can prosper;
- Talent development for the region’s workforce;
- Quality of life that attracts and retains residents and workers; and
- Collaboration that leads to economic prosperity in Tennessee and the Nashville region.
In order to engage the business community in these efforts, the Chamber:
- Listens to members about their business needs through our annual policy survey;
- Provides members with information about legislation that could impact their businesses through email Action Alerts;
- Offers members new ways to influence policy decisions through our online advocacy tool, Middle Tennessee Business Voice; and
- Reports back to members and the broader community about the impact made through our advocacy efforts through our annual Legislative Scorecard.
In addition, the Chamber hosts an annual Leadership Study Mission during which community leaders travel to another city to study common issues and learn best practices for the Nashville area.
To learn more about the Chamber’s legislative priorities or to get involved, please contact our policy staff.