Metro students may be finishing up their summer break this week, but it’s been a busy few months for the folks at the PENCIL Foundation.
Here’s a list of 17 new Academy Partnerships formed this summer between Nashville-area businesses and Metro’s high schools. There are now a total of 142 individual academy partnerships ready to start the 2011-2012 school year.
- Nissan North America and Antioch Academy of Technology and Communications
- Metro Nashville/Davidson County District Attorney’s Office and Cane Ridge Academy of Law
- Metro Nashville/Davidson County Juvenile Court and Cane Ridge Academy of Law
- HealthTeacher and Cane Ridge Academy of Health Management
- Tennessee State University College of Business and Glencliff Ford Academy of Business
- Cheekwood Botanical Gardens and Museum of Art and Hillsboro Academy of International Fine Arts
- Talula Art Gallery and Hillsboro Academy of International Fine Arts
- Nashville Shakespeare Festival and Hillsboro Academy of International Fine Arts
- Tennessee State University College of Business and Hillsboro Academy of International Business
- The Parthenon and Hillwood Academy of Art, Design and Communication
- Skyline Medical Center and Hunters Lane Academy of Health and Human Services
- Centresource Interactive Agency and McGavock Academy of Digital Design and Communication
- Rocketown of Middle Tennessee and McGavock Academy of Digital Design and Communication
- Summit Medical Center and McGavock Academy of Health Science and Law
- Tennessee State University College of Business and McGavock Academy of Hospitality and Finance
- Lipscomb University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences and Overton Academy of Biotechnology Health Sciences
- Tennessee State University College of Public Service and Urban Affairs and Whites Creek Academy of Public Service
If your business is interested in considering an academy partnership with a Metro high school, contact Matt Seaton at the PENCIL Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 242-316,7 extension 228.