Apply Today For the 2016 Nashville Emerging Leader Awards
The Chamber's YP Nashville initiative launched the Nashville Emerging Leader Awards (NELAs) to honor the accomplishments of the outstanding young leaders who are contributing to the growth of our workforce and our region. Now in its 10th year, the NELAs program has recognized nearly 700 young professionals as finalists and award recipients, and has grown into one of our area's most prestigious awards programs.
Applications for the 2016 NELAs are now available! Join in the excitement by downloading an application or nominating an outstanding young professional today. The deadline for nominations is Wednesday, Feb. 10, and applications are due Monday, Feb. 15.
Who should be nominated?
- NELAs are given to outstanding young professionals (under the age of 40) from 15 industry categories who have demonstrated outstanding professional and personal accomplishments.
- Winners go above and beyond the call of duty at work and within their community.
- You will never hear a NELA winner say, “That’s not in my job description” or “Let someone else do it.”
- Winners are role models within their community or unsung heroes who work graciously with others and don’t ask for anything in return.
Ready to apply? Here are some friendly tips to keep in mind:
- Your application should be free of spelling and grammar mistakes. Ask at least one trusted colleague or friend to look over it.
- Make sure you clearly state the results of your efforts throughout your career and how you have impacted your community.
- Show your personality as you write, and use your writing style to demonstrate your leadership abilities.
- Don’t downplay your accomplishments. This is your chance to shine, so let your achievements take center stage!
- Most importantly, turn in your application on time. No late applications will be accepted. Best of luck to everyone!