Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce Board Adds New Board Members for 2017 – 2018
The Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce’s board of directors has elected six new members and has also elected Jim Schmitz, executive vice president and Middle Tennessee president for Regions Bank, as Chamber board vice chair and Bill Carpenter, Chairman and CEO of LifePoint Health, as co-chair of Partnership 2020, the Chamber’s economic development initiative.
“We are thankful that these leaders have agreed to serve the Nashville region as we continue to facilitate community leadership in order to create economic prosperity,” said Chamber President and CEO Ralph Schulz. “Middle Tennessee is in a pivotal time of growth and success, and we look forward to continue leading the way in strengthening this dynamic region’s quality of life.”
A recognized leader in the healthcare industry, Carpenter has appeared on Modern Healthcare magazine’s annual “100 Most Influential People in Healthcare” list numerous times. “I’m honored to be a part of Partnership 2020 as we continue to impact the prosperity of this region. Together, we are creating capital investments through business relocations and expansions, enhancing quality of life through transit and health improvements, and paving the way through education advancements – all factors that contribute to the economic success of Middle Tennessee,” said Carpenter. “Let’s continue this economic momentum.”
Carpenter replaces outgoing P2020 Co-Chair Jim Schmitz, who moves into a one-year role as vice chair of the Chamber's board.
Joining the Nashville Area Chamber board of directors are:
- Doug Brandon, Regional Managing Principal, Cushman and Wakefield
- Mary K. Cavarra, Executive Vice President and CFO, Ingram Industries Inc.
- Mark Fioravanti, President and CFO, Ryman Hospitality Partners
- C. Wright Pinson, M.B.A., M.D., CEO, Vanderbilt Health System, Chairman, Vanderbilt Health Affiliated Network, Deputy CEO, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Alan J. Pramuk, P.E., Chairman and CEO, Gresham Smith and Partners
- Tony Swafford, Partner, Adams and Reese
We also recognize and thank retiring members who roll off the board on June 30:
- Scott Carey, Shareholder, Baker Donelson, PC
- Kent Adams, President and CEO (retired), Caterpillar Financial Services Corporation
- Kolin Holladay, Shareholder, Polsinelli PC
- Sherry Stewart Deutschmann, Founder, LetterLogic, Inc.
- Beth Fortune, former Vice Chancellor for Public Affairs, Vanderbilt University
- Orrin H. Ingram, President and CEO, Ingram Industries Inc.; Chairman and CEO, Ingram Marine Group
- John Morgan, Chancellor (retired), Tennessee Board of Regents
The new and returning board members and Chamber officers will assume their roles beginning July 1. View the full Nashville Chamber board here.