BlueCross BlueShield to Host Millennial Health Forum
How healthy are millennials in Tennessee – and what are the biggest challenges affecting their overall wellbeing? What do millennials want from their health care experience, from primary and behavioral health care to digital tools?
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is hosting a Millennial Health Forum on Tuesday, Sept. 24 at Lipscomb’s Spark Idea Center downtown for a dialogue on these issues and more.
The company’s chief medical officer, Dr. Andrea Willis, will share data insights on the health status of millennials in Nashville, the state of Tennessee and the nation. Then, Tennessean storytelling columnist Jessica Bliss will moderate conversations with BlueCross experts and Dr. Michael McCutchen, a primary care practitioner with Saint Thomas Health Partners.
Panelists will share insights on:
- serving millennials in a primary care practice
- evolving the consumer and digital experience in health care
- meeting behavioral health needs and offering peer support
Following these conversations, BlueCross will invite attendees to participate in tabletop discussions to gain insights from millennials, as well as employers and health industry professionals who are also invited to attend.
Those small-group conversations will ask attendees:
- How do you feel about your life and overall wellbeing?
- How do you feel about your interpersonal relationships?
- How could we help improve your health care experience?
- How do you want to engage with your health insurer – and your care providers?
The Millennial Health Forum begins at 9 a.m. with a coffee and networking reception, and closes with a free lunch from noon - 1 p.m. The event is free, but seating is limited. More details and online registration are available here.
BLUECROSS MILLENNIAL HEALTH FORUM DETAILS:
Millennials, business leaders and health industry professionals
Tuesday, Sept. 24 from 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
147 Fourth Ave. N.
Nashville, TN 37219
Email the BlueCross events team or call 423-535-6100.