Finance & Accounting
Position Description / Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to meet the essential functions and job responsibilities of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure all financial activities are conducted according to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ensure that STARS accounting policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure compliance with federal laws and grant requirements concerning financial and reporting issues.
- Provide overall financial, grant compliance and project management support for programs funded through various foundation, federal, state and local sources in coordination with the CFO.
- Coordinate training logistics including contracts and travel arrangements.
- Create and Manage designated School Contracts and related invoicing including reconciling with staff timesheets.
- Prepare shared services invoices.
- Prepare timely grant invoices reconciling to grant budget and adhering to specific grant requirements
- Manage multiple grant portals and platforms.
- Prepare monthly financial reports comparing actual to budget for designated grants and communicate variances to program managers.
- Assist in preparing budgets for new grants, renewals and revisions.
- Coordinate and review A/R following-up on outstanding AR balances and cash advances in a timely manner.
- Prepare month-end closing entries including allocation of staff time to grants per timesheets within budget parameters.
- Manage, record and reconcile all petty cash transactions monthly.
- Reconcile employee benefit insurance invoices to payroll monthly following up on any outstanding items.
- Prepares reports and schedules as requested for both grant and agency auditors.
- Prepare budgets and reports for designated funding proposals and assist with agency budget preparation as requested.
- Prepare grant invoices, including batching and releasing TN Wits invoices and following up on invoices awaiting review.
- Enters Cash Receipts, Cash Disbursements and Journal Vouchers and Invoices into the Accounting system.
- Performs and Manages the Accounts Payable process ensuring all coding is correct and policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Codes and matches the American Express statement to Purchase Orders and receipts researching any discrepancies.
- Back-up for deposits and payroll.
- Updates distribution codes in the general ledger.
- Assist with risk management as requested.
- Evaluates and recommends improvements in accounting process and procedures to ensure accurate application of accounting principles and to streamline functions.
Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Degree required. Accounting degree strongly preferred. Accounting experience in lieu of accounting degree may be considered.
- Three or more years accounting and grant experience required.
- Experience with Abila MIP Fund Accounting and Kindful a plus.
- Experience with automated AP/Expense platforms a plus.
STARS Nashville Employment (taleo.net)