Calvert Street Group
Finance & Accounting
Position Description / Responsibilities
Calvert Street Group is recruiting an Accounting Assistant to join our financial team. The responsibilities include managing expense reports and reimbursements, entering financial transactions into our internal databases and reconciling invoices. If you have an Accounting degree and are interested in gaining experience in bookkeeping procedures, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you will help our Operations and Finance department run smoothly, ensuring transparency and efficiency in all transactions.
Calvert Street is a national corporate and political campaign consulting firm located in Nashville, TN. Our firm focuses on state and local affairs, land-use and development, ballot initiatives, and nonpartisan political campaigns across the United States.
- Reconcile invoices and identify discrepancies
- Create and update expense reports
- Process reimbursement forms
- Prepare bank deposits
- Enter financial transactions into internal databases
- Check spreadsheets for accuracy
- Maintain digital and physical financial records
- Issue invoices to customers and external partners, as needed
- Review and file payroll documents
- Participate in quarterly and annual audits
- Work experience as an Accounting Assistant
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures
- Familiarity with finance regulations
- Good math skills and the ability to spot numerical errors
- Hands-on experience with MS Excel and QuickBooks
- Organization skills
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information
- Bachelor’s Degree
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Accounting Assistant" in the subject field.