ACCOUNTING MANAGER - EXECUTIVE
State of Tennessee
Position Description / Responsibilities
Who we are and what we do:
The Technical Engineering Operations: Data Center Services organization owns the services that are fulfilled by components that reside inside of the State’s Data Centers. These components have a high level of cross system integration. In order to ensure a high level of success of fulfilment of these services, the position of Deputy Director of Data Center Services has been established.
- Understand the capabilities of the components that are in the Data Center to ensure that the needs of the customers are being met by the services offered by the Data Center.
- Act as an escalation point for Data Center Services Management Staff when the Executive Director of Data Center services is unavailable.
- In coordination with the other areas of STS, work to identify out of compliance software and hardware in the State’s Enterprise IT environment. This includes not only operating system software, but also software and appropriate licensing on end point devices.
- Oversee the monitoring function ensuring that the systems and applications being supported by the Data Center are effectively monitored and reported upon.
- Manage and maintain Contracts for Vendors Services. This management would include, but not be limited to, KPI management along with ensuring proper process and procedures are being adhered to.
- Examples of these types of contracts include a contract for services provided by Mainframe computing technology, and a contract for management of Data Center Facilities.
- Work with the financial teams to perform analysis or revenue vs expenses ensuring that the appropriate programs are being funded appropriately. This would also include analyzing cost models to verify that they are appropriate.
- Review services offered to determine if there are potential cost savings for both the departments and STS.
- In coordination with the other areas of STS, work to ensure that RFPs, Contracts, endorsements, etc. are receiving the appropriate level of review and analysis.
- Facilitate software and hardware updates for end of life systems.
- Act as a liaison between the Data Center Services and other areas within and outside of STS to effectively communicate the capabilities of the area.
- The Deputy Director of Data Center Services is expected to achieve certification in the “ITIL Foundations”, “ITIL Intermediate Service Transition” and “ITIL Service Operations” disciplines at a minimum.
- Must have at least 8 years’ experience within Information Technology. This experience must have proven success managing or leading high-level programs, or projects. This could be inclusive of project management, or performing the role of a team lead of an operational area.
- Must have prior experience as a change agent and superb interpersonal skills with demonstrated success in managing through influence.
- Must have good planning, presentation, writing, and communication skills as the candidate will be required to prepare and present briefings to senior management.
- Must have expert level skills in cross-functional team building, consensus building, conflict resolution, and risk management.
- Must be able to demonstrate superior research and data analytic skills to track and predict trends.
- Must be proficient using MS Office products to include word processing, spreadsheet and collaboration software.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment.
- Must be able to collaborate with executives, creative teams, research and development, and product development teams.
- Must have experience working with automated ITSM ticketing systems (Incident, Problem, Change, Service Requests)
Apply Here: tn.gov/Careers