Magnolia Home Inspections
Architecture & Engineering , Construction & Extraction
Position Description / Responsibilities
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN NASHVILLE, TN OR IMMEDIATE SURROUNDING CITIES.
Magnolia Home Inspections, local service leader with strong core values, is looking for qualified craftsman to join our team. Magnolia was started by a contractor with over 20 years experience on the request of friends and family for a more trusty-worthy, thorough approach to home inspections. We are looking for thoughtful professionals with construction experience, who can be accountable to a systematic approach to help inform and protect our home buyer clients.
Home Inspectors are responsible for being highly competent in retaining technical knowledge, applying critical-thinking skills on issues discovered on a property, informing home buyers on how to mitigate risk, and finally completing a detail-oriented professional report, with a natural aptitude of double-checking for accuracy.
We require candidates who are team players; demonstrating a willingness to share their experience and knowledge as well as seeking out team members for expertise in areas of technical weakness. An ideal team member is dedicated to becoming an expert at their craft including – research, photography, professional communication, efficient work habits and not taking yourself so seriously!
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
· Opportunity to use your experience to help prepare home buyers for home ownership
· Low-stress, supportive work culture
· Work full-time and finish workday before 4pm
· Set your own schedule *post-training/licensing
· Paid Training
WHAT WE EXPECT:
- High Accountability
- Coachable and competitive spirit
- Ability to earn client trust by implementing Magnolia’s structured service process
- Professional communication skills
- High responsibility in an independent work environment
- Fundamental computer and office skills
- Valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance, and reliable transportation required
- Background in Construction Industry *Required
- Licensed TN Home Inspector *Preferred
- 90 hr inspector training certification completed or in process *Required (interNACHI, AHIT, etc)
- Background check and Periodic drug testing required
- Candidate must be enrolled in or have completed 90hrs online Home Inspector certification (interNACHI, AHIT, etc)
- Background- Candidate must have background in construction field, residential building, renovations, repairs or similar to be considered
5 days per week (Weekends are optional)
Typically 7:30am - 2pm in the field with 1 to 2 hours of report writing in the afternoon.
Home inspecting is a mentally and physically demanding job. We expect candidates to be in healthy condition to perform the job duties required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; climb or balance on ladders and stairs; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. Employee is required to use ladders and access confined spaces. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Please send Resume and Cover Letter including salary requirements and interest in this role, field or Magnolia Home Inspections to Jenna at firstname.lastname@example.org