Administrative Assistant 1
State of Tennessee
HR, Office & Administrative Support
Position Description / Responsibilities
Tennessee Department of Treasury
The Tennessee Department of Treasury impacts the lives of Tennesseans every day. Treasury is responsible for many of the financial operations of state government, including managing more than $60 billion in assets through its various investment programs. We administer the State’s Retirement Program, RetireReadyTN, which combines the state pension plan, Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System, and the State’s Deferred Compensation plan. Treasury serves all Tennesseans by helping to educate and empower individuals to make informed financial choices, and by providing public-serving programs in the areas of college savings, financial literacy, unclaimed property, criminal injuries compensation, and more.
The Division of Legal, Compliance and Audit (“Division”) is seeking administrative support for the Division, and in particular, the Claims Commission Clerk by providing excellent customer service and administrative support to internal and external stakeholders. The Division is comprised of eighteen (18) legal, compliance and audit professionals as well as other staff who require general administrative support. One of the professionals contained within the Division is the Clerk for the Claims Commission. The Claims Commission is a tribunal administratively attached to the Department of Treasury that adjudicates claims filed against the State.
· Provide administrative support to the Claims Commission Clerk by: fielding phone calls from claimants; communicating with claimants about the status of a case; filing pleadings, motions and other documents with the Claims Commission; organizing filed documents in the TrialWorks system; and coordinating efforts with the individual Claims Commissioner offices as needed.
· Provide administrative support to the remainder of the Division by: routing and tracking documents for signature; formatting letters and procurement documents; coordinating multiple schedules for meetings and phone conferences; developing and distributing Board and Commission meeting materials; drafting meeting minutes; and facilitating the approval of travel, publication and outside counsel expenses.
· Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor’s degree;
· Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint at an advanced level;
· Highly organized and detail-oriented with superior problem solving skills;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
· Excellent customer service skills.
Pursuant to the State of Tennessee’s Workplace Discrimination and Harassment policy, the State is firmly committed to the principle of fair and equal employment opportunities for its citizens and strives to protect the rights and opportunities of all people to seek, obtain, and hold employment without being subjected to illegal discrimination and harassment in the workplace. It is the State’s policy to provide an environment free of discrimination and harassment of an individual because of that person’s race, color, national origin, age (40 and over), sex, pregnancy, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status or any other category protected by state and/or federal civil rights laws.
To apply, submit your resume to: Treasury.Resumes@tn.gov