Administrative Assistant I
City of Gallatin
Position Description / Responsibilities
The City of Gallatin, a growing, well-established city of more than 30,000, located 25 miles northeast of the Nashville, is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Administrative Assistant I in the Planning Division. The purpose of this position is perform clerical and administrative work assisting the Assistant City Planner, City Planner and Planning staff. This is a 40 hours per week, day shift position. The starting rate is $17.11 + excellent benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
1. Assists the Assistant City Planner and City Planner and staff with preparation, meeting schedules and correspondence; provides clerical and administrative support; prepares and maintains detailed records and files and databases.
2. Receives calls for the Assistant City Planner and City Planner and staff and ascertains nature of business, directs to appropriate authority for disposition.
3. Answers questions and responds to inquiries or complaints on operations, policies and procedures.
4. Maintains employee and personnel records, reviews records for accuracy, and maintains files and databases.
5. Assists the Assistant City Planner and City Planner with budget preparation.
6. Undertakes special projects as assigned by the department head or assistant city planner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, equipment and secretarial techniques.
· Knowledge of business English, spelling and arithmetic.
· Knowledge of the organization and functions of the department and of general administrative policies and practices.
· Ability to keep office records and to prepare accurate reports from file sources both electronic and paper files and maintain databases.
· Ability to perform and organize work independently.
· Ability to prepare effective correspondence on routine matters and to perform routine office management details without referral to supervisor.
High School Diploma/equivalent with an Associate’s degree in administrative assistant or related field. Must have five (5) years recent work experience in clerical/office work, including office software products, preferably working directly with executive level positions.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND DEADLINE.
To see the full description and to apply, visit www.gallatinonthemove.com. Click the “Employment” tab at the top of the webpage and follow the instructions. Submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application by June 5, 2017. EOE.