JKS Architecture and Engineering
Position Description / Responsibilities
JKS Architecture, a full-service architecture and interior design firm established in 1983, is looking to hire an Administrative Assistant with 3-5 years of experience in a business environment to work out of our Hopkinsville, KY or Clarksville, TN offices. The Administrative Assistant will assist with managing the details of projects—calendars, notes, minutes, correspondence, etc. They will also assist with bookkeeping including invoicing clients, tracking expenses, and managing insurance needs. We are looking for a colleague with a positive attitude who is willing to pitch in. Since you will often be the first impression on clients (in person, on the phone, through email) a friendly, positive attitude is a must.
- Data entry and data maintenance in a variety of software programs including Microsoft Office suite, FACPAC, Internal Data Entry System, AIA Contract Website
- Processing of construction related documents from the contractor to architects and engineers, and back to the contractors
- Preparation of transmittals, meeting agendas, meeting minutes, and supporting documents at the direction of managers
- Assisting accounting, human resources, administration, marketing, and information technologies with day-to-day data entry, work processing, scheduling, creating tutorials, and other tasks and assignments.
- Ability to keep confidential information private
- Answering phones and directing calls
- Processing of day-to-day deliveries, mail, and order supplies.
- Clean up and preparation of conference rooms and common areas for meetings
- Renew professional licenses and keep track of professional development hours
- Renew memberships
- Book flights and hotels
- Register for seminars and conferences
- Process Department of Building forms and drawings: hard copies or through online platforms
- 2+ years relevant experience working in a professional office
- Interest in design, architecture, and creative fields
- Outgoing, warm, friendly, and easy to work with
- A positive, professional, can-do attitude
- Strong writing, verbal, and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and able to follow through on tasks
- Ability to think creatively, work efficiently, prioritize and plan, and juggle multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to pivot and accommodate last minute changes in daily responsibilities.
- Ability to exercise a high level of confidentiality, discretion, diplomacy, and sound judgement
- Receptive to coaching, with the ability to learn from constructive feedback and apply it to future work
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Typing of 50-60 words per minute
- Working knowledge of PC computers and Windows/Microsoft applications
Preferred but not Required
- Knowledge of Design and Construction Process
- AEC Industry Experience
- Experience with bookkeeping
- At least 3 years of experience at an architecture, engineering, or construction firm
- High school diploma or GED
- Desired: Associates Degree (A.A.) with a major or focus in Business Administration, Communications, or Finance
- Desired: Bachelors Degree (B.A.) with a major or focus in Business Administration, Communications, or Finance
- US work authorization required
For more information visit www.jksae.com or email your resume to email@example.com