Hands On Nashville
HQ, Office & Administrative Support
Position Description / Responsibilities
Position: Administrative Coordinator
Department: Supports Executive, Development, and Accounting
Position Summary: Part-time, 24 hours per week.
Provides administrative support for the CEO, Accounting Manager, and Development Manager, including data entry, scheduling, and board meeting preparation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processing by entering bills, invoices, and payments into QuickBooks.
- Files accounting documents.
- Records and transcribes Board of Directors and committee minutes.
- Supports board and committee scheduling.
- Prepares board meeting information packets.
- Keeps the board roster updated.
- Enters donation information in Salesforce.
- Manages Click & Pledge gift entries.
- Tracks and verifies donation acknowledgements.
- Supports development and accounting reconciliation process.
- Mail merges Community Partner acknowledgements.
- Researches donor prospects and prepares prospect reports.
- Bachelor’s degree or 7-plus years of administrative experience.
- Full competency within Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and mail merge.
- Familiarity with basic office equipment, including commercial printers and scanners.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Attention to accuracy and details.
- High level of organization and efficiency.
- Ability to prioritize, maintain a professional demeanor, and work independently.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization.
- Experience using QuickBooks accounting software.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and/or other donor-management software.
- Familiarity with Click & Pledge applications.
- Skilled in project management.
- Fast-paced, mission-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Must be available for occasional late-afternoon board and committee meetings or early-morning event preparation.
- May be required to participate in direct service activities during the course of the year, some of which take place outdoors in varying weather conditions.
- Employee input is considered in creating a regular schedule.
- Seven paid holidays annually.
- Paid time off for vacation and sick leave.
- Part-time employees are not eligible for healthcare or retirement benefits.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks, primarily typing and using a computer.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to Marisa@hon.org. For the subject line, include: Administrative Coordinator Job Posting. We look forward to hearing from you!