ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES ASSISTANT 4
State of Tennessee
Position Description / Responsibilities
This position reports to and assists the state veterinarian.
Key responsibilities of this role:
- Assist the state veterinarian with day-to-day tasks and administrative duties.
- Supervise administrative assistants in the state veterinarian's office.
- Assist with Vehicle/Fleet Management
- Assist with development of grants, as well as help manage and submit grant proposals and reports.
- Communicate with animal health staff and clients. Facilitate meetings as needed.
- Manage supplies and equipment inventory.
- Communicates with clients regarding animal health questions, concerns and complaints.
Education and Experience: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree AND experience equivalent to four years of full-time increasingly responsible professional staff administrative work.
Substitution of Experience for Education: Qualifying full-time increasingly responsible sub professional, paraprofessional, or professional experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis, to a maximum of four years.
Substitution of Education for Experience: Additional graduate coursework in public administration, business administration, or other acceptable field may be substituted for the required experience, on a year-for-year basis, to a maximum of two years.
Three years of increasingly responsible professional administrative services experience with the State of Tennessee.
Apply at TN.gov/Careers