Agriculture Marketing Consultant II
State of Tennessee
Marketing, Communications & Information Technology
Position Description / Responsibilities
The Agriculture Advancement Division is seeking a team oriented self-starter who desires to be a valuable member of an agency dedicated to making a positive impact in Tennessee’s Agriculture industry.
The required job competencies include:
Builds and maintains customer satisfaction
· Can describe customers’ business and expectations and anticipates customer needs.
· Goes beyond basic service expectations to help customers implement complete solutions.
· Explores options when unable to deliver a requested product or service and pursues solutions until the customer is satisfied.
· Seeks customer feedback and ensures needs have been fully met and recognizes adverse customer reactions to develop better alternatives.
Creative & Innovative Thinking
Develops fresh ideas to provide solutions to all challenges
· Sees old problems in new ways and has novel approaches to solving those problems.
· Contributes original and resourceful ideas in brainstorming sessions.
· Thinks in terms of desired outcomes, not just reactive, quick solutions. Finds ways to turn the ideal into reality. Experiments with new ideas, methodologies, and procedures.
· Visualizes potential problems and solutions without needing tangible, “real-life” examples. Can discuss and project the aspects and impacts of issues and decisions.
Collaboration & Teamwork
Easily gains trust and support of others to find common ground to solve problems
· Communicates clear directions and sets well-defined expectations.
· Solicits and considers feedback from the widest range of appropriate stakeholders to facilitate solutions with the team.
· Clearly explains and expresses facts and ideas in a convincing manner and negotiates with individuals and groups as appropriate.
Attention to Detail
Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks.
· Performs tasks with care; is thorough and checks work to ensure accuracy.
· Compares observations or finished work to what is expected to find inconsistencies.
· Remains aware and takes care of all details.
Integrity & Influencing Others
Gets others excited about and committed to furthering the organization’s objectives while earning trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
· Keeps promises and commitments made to others, does the right thing, even if difficult.
· Avoids situations and actions considered inappropriate or present a conflict of interest.
· Promotes the creation of shared mission, vision, and values to guide actions.
· Displays a positive attitude about with co-workers, customers and management.
· Leads by example and sets standards for professional behavior.
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for professional agricultural market development work of average difficulty and performs related work as required.
Distinguishing Features: This is an advanced working level class in the Agricultural Marketing Spec job series. An employee in this class promotes market development for agricultural products for the State of Tennessee. Summary and Distinguishing Features
Nashville, TN office base serving constituents statewide
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with training and experience. Benefits include insurance, state employee’s retirement; workers' compensation; sick and annual leave; numerous state benefit programs.
Education and Experience
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in agriculture science, agribusiness, or marketing and experience equivalent to two years of full-time experience developing, implementing, and evaluating multiple phases of programs related to marketing, agriculture, or home economics.
Substitution of Experience for Education: Full-time experience in developing, implementing, and evaluating multiple phases of agricultural marketing programs may substitute for the required education on a year-for-year basis to a maximum of four years.
Substitution of Education for Experience: A master's degree in Agricultural Business, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Marketing, or a related agribusiness area may substitute for one of the two years of required experience. OR
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree and experience equivalent to three years of full-time experience developing, implementing, and evaluating multiple phases of programs related to marketing, agriculture, or home economics with at least one year of full-time experience developing, implementing, and evaluating multiple phases of programs related to agricultural marketing.
Comprehensive knowledge of agricultural industries and production processes
Effective written and verbal communication skills
Effective computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Valid Driver’s License
Submit Resumes to email@example.com apply by 9/26/2018