Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority
Position Description / Responsibilities
Under the general direction of the Manager, Planning shall perform various short and long-term planning activities and initiatives to support the Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority (MNAA) and the Department of Strategic Planning and Sustainability.
- Assists with all levels of planning for MNAA airports, including development of the BNA and JWN Master Plans, Airport Layout Plans and other comprehensive airport plans, including Exhibit A.
- Maintains a firm understanding of all aspects of airport operations (airside and landside) to be able to appropriately and safely plan for airport improvements and alterations.
- Knowledge and understanding of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations and planning guidelines.
- Conducts preliminary engineering and planning studies for new initiatives and opportunities that MNAA or its’ stakeholders may wish to pursue.
- Reviews planning and engineering documents for functionality and accuracy. Performs analysis on proposed improvements to identify issues, opportunities and/or solutions pertaining to planned development.
- Makes field and office measurements and computations necessary to support the preparation of planning documents, drawings and studies.
- Prepare CADD layout concepts plans and drawings.
Bachelor’s Degree in airport management, urban planning, civil engineering, or related field required. Five (5) years of airport and aviation planning, design or related experience required.
For a complete job description and to apply, visit: flynashville.com/careers. A kiosk is available in the Human Resources Department located on the fourth floor of the terminal.