AMEND Together Specialist
YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee
1608 Woodmont Blvd. Nashville, TN 37215
Family Services/Social Work
Position Description / Responsibilities
We are actively searching for an AMEND Together Specialist to add to our team! The responsibilities are varied, and you will be working with multiple associations and staff members.
If you have experience working in youth development, lesson planning, education, and are an amazing multi-tasker, thrive while working independently, learn new programs quickly, are ridiculously organized, and would list strategizing and implementing programs for member and revenue growth as some of your best skills, we want to hear from you!
Position provides high quality AMEND Together programming for students in MNPS K-12 schools and identified communities.
Relationships and Contacts
Within the organization: Maintains frequent and close professional relationships with immediate peers and immediate supervisor.
Outside the organization: Maintains frequent and close professional relationships with clients, vendors and school officials.
- Facilitates creative, experiential AMEND Together clubs to K-12 aged boys in accordance with youth development principles and MNPS standards, always maintaining appropriate staff-student ratio.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with school administrators, staff and appropriate community agencies to provide quality services to program participants.
- Serves as a liaison between MNPS schools and AMEND Together at YWCA.
- Creates and maintains a safe learning environment that is student-centered, mission-focused and accessible to a diverse student body.
- Maintains student retention in accordance with fiscal year goals.
- Achieves outcomes as determined by fiscal year objectives.
- Participates in YWCA Amend Together activities and/or events as needed.
- Recruits students and faculty to participate in YWCA AMEND Together activities and/or events, as needed.
- Tracks daily attendance, outcomes and other statistics; submits accurate and timely reports as required in ETO.
- Maintains confidential student records in compliance with MNPS and FERPA.
- Collaborates with Sr. Director of Youth Development Services to adapt curriculum and materials across all age groups served.
- Facilitates student service learning projects.
- Recruit, enroll and provide program orientation for youth in targeted schools.
- Purchase and package supplies for all sites.
- Supports the value and potential of every student.
- Impacts student progress in academics, attendance, and behavior using data points/outcomes.
- Provides family outreach, involving students’ parents in student activities through regular communication.
- Provides training and supervision to program volunteers, as needed.
- Actively participates in Team meetings, All Staff meetings, and other meetings as required.
- Continually seeks to improve through professional development.
- Represents the YWCA brand in an appropriate and professional manner at all times.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in education, psychology, or related field and two to three years of experience teaching or facilitating to youth. Relevant experience or certifications may replace educational requirements.
- Tolerant of various noise levels: noise level in the work environment varies – may be very quiet or extremely loud.
- Ability to communicate clearly, move quickly, climb stairs, reach, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
Position requires incumbent to have a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance and a clear driving record for the last three years. Must be certified in CPR.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated success in group facilitation and public speaking.
- Bilingual skills preferred.
- Successful collaborative skills working with a variety of diverse groups.
- High follow through with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office and social media.
- Goal oriented with the ability to work as a part of the team and independently.
- Customer service focused.
- Excellent conflict resolution and de-escalation skills.
- Willingness to support the mission of the YWCA and ability to convey its importance both verbally and in writing.
YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the organization desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “At-Will.” The job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
Thank you for your interest in the Amend Together Specialist position with YWCA of Nashville and Middle Tennessee! Please use this link to apply: https://www.paycomonline.net/v...