Application Architect- HSS BD Support
State of Tennessee
Marketing, Communications & Information Technology
Position Description / Responsibilities
Reports to the Enterprise Data Scientist within the Health and Social Services Business Domain, and is responsible for supporting Business Intelligence and Data Related projects within the domain.
· Assist the HSS Domain Departments in understanding, producing, and leveraging their data assets.
· Assist in crafting appropriate strategies for overall data management within the domain and the State of Tennessee.
· Provide Expert level support for Business Intelligence and Database Management.
· Assist the HSS Data Scientist in developing and promoting advanced analytical capabilities for the HSS Domain Departments.
· Manage customer expectations and negotiate solutions to complex problems with customers for assigned areas.
· Communicate status of responsibilities with management, peers, subordinates and customers via verbal and written mediums.
· Maintain and promote effective customer service relationships with users and business owners.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in an IT or Business related field. Relevant professional information technology experience may be substituted for the required degree.
· Five or more years of experience Designing, implementing, and maintaining, medium to large scale data systems.
· Five or more years of technical knowledge best practices over database management.
· Five of more years of ETL design, creation and management.
· Five or more years of directly developing in and using both SQL Server and/or Oracle.
· Expert level ANSI SQL experience.
· Three or more years of Report/Visualization design experience, experience producing data for reports and visualizations may be substituted.
· Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
· Excellent time management, organization, and prioritization skills
· Prior state government experience is a plus.
· SQL Master
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
· Decision Quality
· Problem Solving
· Directing Others
· Training Others
· Drive for Results
· Building Effective Teams
The State of TN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pursuant to the State of Tennessee’s Workplace Discrimination and Harassment policy, the State is firmly committed to the principle of fair and equal employment opportunities for its citizens and strives to protect the rights and opportunities of all people to seek, obtain, and hold employment without being subjected to illegal discrimination and harassment in the workplace. It is the State’s policy to provide an environment free of discrimination and harassment of an individual because of that person’s race, color, national origin, age (40 and over), sex, pregnancy, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status or any other category protected by state and/or federal civil rights laws.
Resumes should be submitted via email to EIT.Resumes@tn.gov
Post until Filled