Assistant Commissioner 1-Executive
State of Tennessee
Position Description / Responsibilities
This position oversees a division - the Public Information and Legislative Office (PILO)- that includes government relations, communication both internal and external, and customer service within the Department of Human Services. This division facilitates public, media, and legislative requests, monitors communications and relevant subject matter, coordinates external and internal communications, responds to media inquiries, and serves as a support for other divisions by reviewing documents and creating communications materials.
This position has five direct reports and will report to the Chief of Staff of the Public Information and Legislative Office.
Represent the Department before the Tennessee General Assembly.
- Facilitate the passage of Department initiatives from concept to law including testifying before legislative committees and tracking and analyzing all legislation that impacts the Department at the local, state, and federal level.
- Facilitate internal and external communication
- Coordinates external and internal communications
- Facilitates response to media inquiries
- Monitors communications and relevant subject matter
- Serves as a support for other divisions by reviewing documents and creating communications materials.
- Lead the transformation of the customer experience
- Manage the expansion of the Department's customer service solution
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- 5 years government relations experience preferable
Apply Here: tn.gov/careers