Assistant Director of Research and Planning-Executive
State of Tennessee
Position Description / Responsibilities
The Research and Planning Assistant Director will be asked to oversee and develop creative solutions to current business challenges. We are looking for an experienced data manager that possesses a keen understanding of business process and can leverage data to drive continuous improvement efforts. The Research and Planning team’s mission is to democratize data building and maintain a data structure that facilitates analysis efforts, KPI creation, Monthly Performance Reporting (MPR), report automation, and front-line analysis tools. You'll be empowered to constantly mine data architecture to enable more complex analytic techniques like machine learning. Additionally, you will be asked to create executive reporting and interactive dashboard tools that monitor process by taking projects from source data curation to delivering recommendation.
- Strong analytical skills with 5 years of experience in analysis and presentation of data (requirements, data architecture, reporting structures, dashboards, scalable and configurable reports).
- Must be highly proficient in BI/Analytics, specifically Tableau, and other visualization tools preferably COGNOS.
- Proven ability in math and computer science (SPSS preferred) regression, correlation, analysis of variance, and longitudinal research.
- Ability to work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of intangible variables.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with high attention to detail, as well as perform duties under strict time constraints.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Economics or other relevant quantitative field required. Managerial experience within a data analytics environment is preferred.