State of Tennessee
Position Description / Responsibilities
The Tennessee Department of General Services is responsible for providing goods and services to the State government of Tennessee. Its primary customers are other State departments and agencies. It also serves vendors wishing to do business with the State, and citizens and organizations interested in purchasing surplus State and federal property. The Department’s services include centralized procurement for State departments; management of the State’s real estate assets; motor vehicle and equipment management; printing, media, and photographic services; postal services; warehousing and distribution; State employee parking, badging, and shuttle services; and assistance to small businesses and businesses owned by minorities, women, and veterans. For more information about the Department of General Services please visit www.tn.gov/generalservices.
The Department is currently seeking a qualified individual for an internal audit position. This position will assist the DGS Audit Team by conducting limited reviews and audits of contracts and operations. Additionally, this position will assist in performing risk assessments, internal investigations, and other projects as assigned. This position performs in a varied and challenging audit environment.
The position is located in downtown Nashville and the monthly starting salary is $3,205 - $3,525. Information regarding benefits can be found at www.tn.gov/hr/employees1/benef....
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities
· Planning audits, including researching, developing objectives, and defining project scope
· Preparing work papers and reports to document the audit process and identify deficiencies
· Forming conclusions based on test work performed, including developing recommendations for corrective action
· Assisting higher level auditors during audit engagements
· Conducting investigations into allegations of fraud, waste, and abuse of State resources
· Identifying and researching pertinent legislative, compliance, and procedural requirements applicable to departmental programs, activities, and functions
· Evaluating compliance with requirements, observing periodic inventory counts, and facilitates annual risk assessments for each division within the department
· Completion of an Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Public Administration, or related field with 24 semester hours in Accounting
· Knowledge of Accounting principles and ability to analyze information and data
· Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
· Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
· Experience working with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
· Superior written and oral communication skills
· Excellent customer service skills
· May require up to 20% travel
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and letter of interest to DGS.Recruiting@tn.gov. Position will be posted until filled.