HQ, Office & Administrative Support
Position Description / Responsibilities
The Benefits Manager position is charged with the responsibility of overseeing the administration of company benefits programs to its employees. As a critical member of the Human Resources team, the position assists the company in meeting strategic goals and objectives through the deliver of exceptional human resources service, reflective of Hiller's core values.
• Lead the on-boarding process for new hires including presenting employee orientation.
• Manage and schedule employee benefits enrollment and insurance premium payment processing.
• Advise employees of benefit usage by preparing and distributing benefit reports.
• Resolve employee questions and problems by interpreting benefit policies and procedures.
• Administer benefits programs such as medical, dental, vision, life & disability, retirement plan, PTO, leave of absence, and employee assistance plan.
• Coordinate and correspond with various internal and external customers, such as external agencies, vendors, and benefit plan administers, and employees at all levels of the organization.
• Develop benefits communications and counsel employees on benefits related issues.
• Maintain benefit records by developing recordkeeping systems, initiating new-hire benefits, and recording changes.
• Coordinate with HRIS provider and benefits administrators/carriers to ensure accuracy of employee data and carriers for effective transfer of data.
• Manage the configuration and data set-up tables in the HRIS and benefits section, in relation to how these tables affect how employee benefits transactions are edited and processed throughout the system.
• Assist leadership with identifying the most appropriate benefit options for all parties by studying programs and obtaining advice from consultants.
• Analyze the flow of employee benefits data and develop internal procedures, guidance, and training to facilitate the timely and accurate update of employee information and benefits records.
• Reconcile benefits accounts by approving billing statements; advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
• Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Participate in strategic planning for human resource functions and services; recommend goals and objectives and participate in the development and implementation of human resources policies and procedures.
• Ensure the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements related to benefits and compensation by studying existing and new legislation, obtaining qualified opinions, enforcing adherence to requirements, advising management on needed actions.
• Expedite delivery of benefits by establishing and maintaining working relationships with benefit providers.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Assist Director of HR to determine and administer competitive benefit and compensation plans for the organization.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in human resources, business, or public administration
• CEBS/GBA/PHR certification preferred
• Minimum of 5 years of progressive professional experience in administration/management of an employee benefits program, and with human resources information systems, preferably in a large and complex organization
• Experience with or working knowledge of at least one complex HRIS, preferably Paycom
• Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database applications, data query tools, and word processing software, electronic mail and internet search tools
• Working knowledge of human resources management principles and practices in all human resources programs preferred
• Demonstrated experience with Federal, State, and Local employment laws involving employee benefits and compensation
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to interact professionally within all levels of the organization
• Possess a collaborative and customer-service focused work style
• Regularly spends long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers (40% of time)
• Visual acuity and manual dexterity to perform data entry and manipulation of training material and electronic communication devices
• Mobility required to attend weekly meetings throughout the organization and occasional travel to branch locations
• Frequently communicates verbal and written messages with others
• Frequently bends to file and maintain files
• Occasionally lift 5-10 pounds
• Maintain confidentiality of employee performance issues and concerns
• Advise Director of any employee concerns that may impact the company’s performance
• Willing to continue training for personal growth as well as participating in the training of new employees.