Finance & Accounting , HR, Office & Administrative Support
Position Description / Responsibilities
People describe you as supportive, driven, and dependable. You are someone that rises to the occasion, takes the initiative, and thrives in an unpredictable environment. You often ask yourself “what can I do to improve this process?” and “how can I be of assistance?”, and you're always on the lookout for that one error that can mean the difference between $1,000 and $10,000!
YOU’RE GOOD AT:
- Juggling (no, not literally juggling-- though that would be cool). You are a master at dealing with competing priorities.
- Accounting and handling numbers. Basically, cash rules everything around you.
- Constantly learning and not being afraid to tackle the unknown!
- Letting nothing slip through the cracks. You pay attention to the little things.
- Being a team player. You are just as eager and willing to do the glamorous tasks as the not-so-glamorous tasks.
- Adapting in a fast paced and unpredictable environment.
- Understanding the balance between transparency and discretion in your work. You are able to handle sensitive and confidential information discreetly and professionally.
DAY TO DAY:
In this role, you're at the helm of multiple departments, businesses, and individuals who are all driving the mission of driving revenue and opportunity for the company. Ensuring those efforts are accounted for and in tip top shape is critical to our long-term success. That's where you come in! Each day you'll balance your time in the following areas:
- Manage expenses, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable across multiple businesses
- Work closely with the Financial Controller to assist with various accounting duties
- Prepare financial reports for managers and executives
- Assist with manual data entry
- Review and oversee travel expenditures
- Support the rest of the administration team with various tasks as needed
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent professional experience
- Applied experience with basic accounting principles (a plus if you have experience with real estate accounting)
- Experience working in Quickbooks
- Experience with Google for Work (Sheets, Docs, Drive)