Building, Meeting & Events Technician
Tennessee Hospital Association
Position Description / Responsibilities
This position reports to the Building Manager and is responsible for building and grounds maintenance, and set up and clean up for meetings, conferences and special events.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (listed in order of importance) List your principal accountabilities; identify what you do, what end results you are accountable for, and how you measure your success.
1. The ability to adapt to a changing work environment and meet challenges presented throughout the day.
2. Must be available on THA property during regular office hours, unless job responsibilities require otherwise.
3. Perform minor maintenance and repairs in the areas of plumbing and painting.
4. Assist with maintaining HVAC and calling service when needed.
5. Ensure THA vehicles are serviced as needed.
6. Setup of meeting space in the VWCC according to specs requested by internal and external customers and tear down after functions.
7. Inspect set rooms for cleanliness and temperature control.
8. Assisting with preparation of food and beverages for events in the VWCC and for staff functions.
9. Clean up after events in the VWCC and staff functions, including chairs, tables, dishes, proper storage of leftover food, etc.
10. On days when there are meetings in the building, check the bathrooms several times a day, restock needed supplies and empty trash.
11. Wash and dry linens and return to stock.
12. Ensure dishes in dishwasher are washed, removed and placed in proper storage location.
13. Removal of trash after large meetings.
14. Replace light bulbs.
15. Order cleaning supplies.
16. Clean and maintain sidewalks, patio and grounds, including removing salt and debris, cleaning picnic tables, etc.
17. Replenish supplies for kitchens (ex: coffee, coffee condiments, paper towels, coffee cups, plastic utensils, etc.)
18. Must be able to drive an automobile and maintain a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
19. Visually inspect all fire extinguishers monthly to ensure they are fully charged.
20. Deep clean all coffee air pots monthly.
21. Check water dispensers and replace as needed in the Virginia Way Conference Center (VWCC) and Fitness Center.
22. Clean carpet.
23. Clean glass doors and lower windows on the first floor.
24. Clean out refrigerators and freezers.
25. Hang pictures.
26. Office furniture assembly and relocating furniture.
27. Wax floors.
28. Other duties as assigned.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Receive and unpack cleaning, kitchen and office supplies, check orders for accuracy and store merchandise in appropriate location.
2. Distribute items delivered to the receptionist desk to the proper location.
3. Assist the Education Services Department staff with loading and unloading of meeting materials in vehicle(s).
4. Provide transportation to the office for THA staff when they are asked to park offsite.
ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE: (Positions reporting directly to you, if any, and their areas of responsibility)
Educational and Experience Requirements Needed to Perform the Duties of the Job:
High school diploma or equivalent preferred but not required.
Skills Required to Perform the Duties of the Job:
1. Must be skilled in minor painting, plumbing and electrical work.
2. Strong interpersonal skills to relate to staff and tenants.
3. The ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
4. The ability to work with minimal supervision.
5. The ability to successfully follow written instructions.
Please email your resume to Suzette Crutchfield at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 615-242-8327.