BUILDING TRADES MANAGER
State of Tennessee
Business & Professional Services
Position Description / Responsibilities
The Building Trades Manager oversees the TRICOR Building Trades Program which provides training to offenders interested in pursuing employment in the building trades after release. In addition to using curriculum materials that meet the requirements for National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) credentials and providing practical skills training to participants, the program manager is responsible for supervising the other building trades instructors and the program. This position will also assist in the development of a potential home construction operation. Currently TRICOR offers classes in Core, Carpentry, Electrical, Plumbing and HVAC. The primary work location is in Only, TN; monthly travel to the Memphis Building Trades program is required.
• Oversee the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) certified building trades program at the TCIX and MLTC sites.
• Lead, demonstrate and evaluate building trades activities using the NCCER curriculum.
• Administer NCCER testing to ensure the integrity of the credentialing process.
• Adhere to established safety protocols for tool inventory and management.
• Supervise two-three craft instructors; maintaining adherence to the NCCER curriculum, appropriate record keeping and quality instruction
• Develop and maintain the demonstration building labs
• Supervise the completion of building and maintenance projects in the facility by offenders participating in the building trades program
• Attend required training sponsored by TDOC, TRICOR and NCCER Master Instructors.
• Co-facilitate programmatic classes with the Offender Services Coordinator as needed.
• Maintain trade certification in field of expertise.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• High School diploma; preferred Associates degree or higher
• Minimum journeyman or technician level in their area of expertise OR Minimum of three years of experience as a certified teacher in a vocational/technical construction or maintenance-related training program.
• Ability to work within a prison setting
• At least three years of supervisory experience.
• NCCER Instructor Training
• NCCER Master Trainer
• Able to work within TDOC facilities and with offenders.
• Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
Customer Focused, Task Orientated, Detail Orientated, Time Management, Team Oriented, Process Improvement, Critical Thinking, Results Orientated, Strong Initiative, Verbal/Written Communication, Problem Solving, Active Listening and Troubleshooting.
State of Tennessee Benefits
401K & Retirement Pension Plans
Continuing Education Discounts
Incentive Plan (subject to plan criteria)
Employee Learning & Development
Flexible Spending Accounts
For more information regarding health options you may visit:
For State of Tennessee pension plan:
For Deferred Compensation – 401K:
TRICOR exists to provide occupational and life skills training for Tennessee’s incarcerated population through job training, program opportunities, and transitional services designed to assist Offenders with a successful reintegration into society. TRICOR operates multiple businesses ranging from data entry and printing to agriculture and manufacturing. TRICOR offers Tennessee’s state, county and local government’s quality goods and services and competitive pricing.
TRICOR transforms lives on a daily basis.
TRICOR designs programs to make an impact on the lives of offenders and prepare them for success after release.
TRICOR is committed to continuous performance improvement, which enhances the impact it has on the offender workforce by making them a critical part of a team driven by internationally-recognized high performance standards. To accomplish this, TRICOR uses the Malcolm Baldrige Framework and participates in the Tennessee Center of Performance Excellence (TNCPE) process. TNCPE, a non-profit organization dedicated to making Tennessee a better place to live and work through use of the national Baldrige Excellence Framework, has provided TRICOR with the tools and development necessary to move our organization toward best in class status. Our involvement has not only strengthened our business and program operations, but is providing our offender workforce the opportunity to work and develop their skills in an environment, which prepares them to achieve self-sufficiency once released from prison.
To apply send resume/application and salary requirements via email to:
Or by mail to:
6185 Cockrill Bend Circle
Nashville, TN 37209
For more information contact: