Business Development Specialist
Community & Nonprofit , Fundraising/Development
Position Description / Responsibilities
Project Return helps people who are coming back from prison. As a Tennessee nonprofit organization, our mission is to provide services and connect people with resources needed to return successfully to work and community after incarceration. For over four decades, Project Return has been doing its prisoner reentry work based in Nashville, generating employment opportunities, as well as providing a broad array of relationship-based, wraparound assistance and support, for people who come to Project Return with the determination to make a new beginning after incarceration. We are opening our new location in Chattanooga in late summer/early fall of 2021 and are now accepting applications for our Hamilton County site. All new hires will spend one week in our Nashville office for onboarding.
The workforce development position has two overarching responsibilities: 1) establishing new employer relationships, and maintaining and reinvigorating existing relationships with employers to secure employment opportunities for Project Return participants; and 2) partnering with Project Return staff to effectively match participants with employment opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the job functions for this role:
· Establishes new relationships, and reinvigorates and maintains existing relationships with employers to develop job opportunities for Project Return participants.
· Implements activities, attends community and networking events, and develops marketing, to cultivate employer connections and employment opportunities.
· Assists Project Return staff with screening and matching participants with employment opportunities based on their skills, work experience, and related training and interests.
· Schedules frequent in-person meetings with employers to promote Project Return employment services and to develop job opportunities for participants.
· Partners closely with Project Return co-workers and facilitates a routine process for informing Project Return staff and participants of employment opportunities.
· Achieves monthly employer relationship and job goals, and partners with staff to achieve job acquisition goals.
· Documents, consistently and accurately, in real time, all participant and employer contact, activities and outcomes into Salesforce.
· Communicates routinely to Project Return staff on job development and acquisitions.
· Acts as a liaison among employers, Project Return staff, and participants.
· Identifies and develops a strategic service plan that serves the employment partners’ hire needs.
· Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities that are assigned from time to time.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com, addressed to Nicole Lallatin, and indicate “Business Development Specialist” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.