Business Intelligence Specialist
Secretary of State's Office
Business & Professional Services , HR, Office & Administrative Support
Position Description / Responsibilities
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and resolves problems/issues within the voter registration environment.
- Assist in the administration of the Online Voter Registration (OVR) system and processing of records.
- Assist in the design, maintenance and upgrade of election software to approve ballots, review state agency documents of a provisional voter and generate state reports using data collected from the 95 county election commissions.
- Assist in processing the election results in preparation for certification of each election.
- Assist in reviewing voting systems, voter registration software and electronic pollbooks for election integrity and security.
- Validates and tests solutions to ensure the voting requirements are met.
- Validates report results to ensure voting requirements are met.
- Researches, analyzes, and reports on voter information from a variety of sources.
- Assists in the analysis of source systems and development of a logical/voter data model to determine the reporting capability for available data.
- Gathers and identifies the voter information available from various source systems.
- Strong knowledge of MS SQL Server.
- Generates standard or custom reports summarizing voter data for review by Tennessee Coordinator of Elections.
- Develops queries for validation of work outputs and source system confirmation.
- Implements reporting solutions using business intelligence data presentation tools.
- Understands business intelligence concepts and methodologies.
- Monitors the voter data warehouse and business systems performance and integrity.
- Documents use cases to ensure the Voter Intelligence solution meets the business requirements.
- Documents business flows for new and existing systems ensuring long-term maintainability.
- Follows proper configuration management and change controls to promote system stability and to provide an audit trail of modifications.
- Evaluates requests from problem management tracking system.
- Provides assistance to Division of Elections in the generation of ad hoc reports.
- Provide basic PC hardware and software support for 95 county election offices.
Education and Experience
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field and two (2) years relevant Information Technology experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator preferred or able to become certified. DB2 experience helpful.
- Two years’ experience in cybersecurity protection such as PCI, and or HIPPA.
- Must pass a background check for security requirements.
Salary: Commensurate with experience, plus the State of Tennessee Benefits Package.
To apply: Please email your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include the position you are applying for in the email subject. Position will be posted until filled.