Business Solutions Architect
State of Tennessee
Marketing, Communications & Information Technology
Position Description / Responsibilities
The Business Solutions Architect is a key service delivery leader for the Information Technology (IT) Division of the Department of Human Services (DHS). Reporting to the IT Executive Director, s/he communicates and ultimately solidifies a broad understanding across the organization of technology capabilities, strategic projects/initiatives and deployment options. This role assists us by positioning DHS to fully leverage new and existing functionality for maximum benefit and return on investment. The Business Solutions Architect leads in the area of problem solving and critical thinking as it applies to the application of the business architecture. S/he analyzes business problems and recommends strategies to implement technology or improve processes to enable improved business productivity.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead in the development and/or modification of the approved architecture with business and technical stakeholders using a cooperative approach to ensure that business needs and objectives are met.
- Lead the development of business relationship models.
- Create cross-functional teams, as needed, communicate the purpose and position of each team member, and provide clear goals and objectives for work sessions.
- Participate in the development of the strategic technology plan to reflect the department’s business priorities.
- Create and maintain architectural diagrams and documentation to reflect stated approved business and/or technical architecture.
- Research and evaluate industry trends, best practices, and new technologies and integrate knowledge and skills into current and future business and technical solutions.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with business and technical stakeholders, peer groups and all working levels to discuss departmental projects, strategies, methodologies and business needs.
- Communicate with other State agencies, industry leaders, vendors, and manufacturers to stay abreast of current and potential future capabilities of solutions and products.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree and ten (10) years of professional level experience in information systems including at least three (3) years in solution architecture.
The following are desired qualifications.
Master’s Degree in computer science or related field.
Experience with large mission critical systems and system modernization projects.
Certification in solutions architecture or a related field of study.
This position requires:
- Dedication and commitment to customer service focused delivery of solutions.
- Superior problem solving ability.
- Experience juggling multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrated flexibility, resilience, and resourcefulness.
- Demonstrated exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and plan work to meet goals and deadlines.
- Ability to understand and adapt to new technologies/technology platforms.
- Ability to evaluate multiple sources of information and choose the optimal solution based on business needs and the technology environment, standards, and policies.
Commensurate with qualifications.
Pursuant to the State of Tennessee’s Workplace Discrimination and Harassment policy, the State is firmly committed to the principle of fair and equal employment opportunities for its citizens and strives to protect the rights and opportunities of all people to seek, obtain, and hold employment without being subjected to illegal discrimination and harassment in the workplace. It is the State’s policy to provide an environment free of discrimination and harassment of an individual because of that person’s race, color, national origin, age (40 and over), sex, pregnancy, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status or any other category protected by state and/or federal civil rights laws.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org