Chief Diversity Equity and Inclusion Officer
Metropolitan Government of Nashville & Davidson County
Position Description / Responsibilities
This is a Civil Service position in the Finance Department responsible for executive-level strategy and the development and implementation of results-focused policies and strategies that support diversity, equity and inclusion efforts in the city. The selected candidate will plan, develop and recommend strategic initiatives and implement activities to ensure goals or objectives are accomplished in accordance with prescribed priorities. Performs related duties as required.
- Researches, develops, recommends, and executes creative strategies for diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Collaborates with all areas of government to integrate diversity, equity and inclusion principles into government operations.
- Reviews current practices and policies, assessing and analyzing the extent to which they support or hinder government-wide diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Provides leadership in the creation and delivery of County-wide diversity, equity and cultural competency training programs.
- Maintains knowledge and communicates and recommends best practice models for diversity, equity and inclusion in policies, procedures and legislation.
- Provides policy updates and recommendations to internal and external stakeholders to maintain legal compliance on diversity, equity and inclusion issues.
- Independently monitors and reports on the compliance of the Equal Business Opportunity program.
- Engages and facilitates community conversations of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Interacts with all Metro departments and agencies and others to enhance existing programs and to facilitate active engagement and coordination of diversity, equity and inclusion efforts.
- Collaborates with the Metro Department of Human Resources on recruitment and retention programs to facilitate a diverse workforce.
- Defines and communicates quality standards for inclusive culture and engagement programs and ensures that all aspects of the programs are executed against those standards.
- Partners with Senior Leadership to create and execute an internal/external communication strategy to build awareness and understanding for key diversity, equity and inclusion programs and messages.
- Develops metrics for measuring the effectiveness of diversity, equity and inclusion strategies and implements accountability benchmarks through data collection and trend monitoring.
- Partners with non-profits, the business community, elected officials and others to identify and recommend infrastructure needs to support diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives for underserved members of the community.
- Serves as a liaison to external organizations, county and state governments and other stakeholders regarding diversity and equity issues and initiatives.
- Makes presentations to various stakeholders on diversity, equity and inclusion issues.
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university and five (5) years of progressive experience in developing solutions and implementing strategies which focus on diversity, equity and inclusion efforts.
**Additional education may be considered In lieu of some experience**
Valid Driver License
Candidates with accreditations earned in a foreign institute are encouraged to apply.
Per Metro Ordinance No. S094-Hl7ll. All employees of the Metropolitan Government shall be residents of the State of Tennessee or become residents of the state within six (6) months of employment as a prerequisite to employment with the Metropolitan Government.
Please apply through the Metro Career Webpage here: https://www.governmentjobs.com...