Chief Operating Officer
Greater Nashville REALTORS
Position Description / Responsibilities
Reporting to the CEO, the team member will oversee day-to-day operations of all staff initiatives that are approved and established in coordination with the CEO. The team member serves the association by assisting the CEO with daily operations and developing, communicating, executing, and sustaining the association strategic initiatives. The position monitors the execution of the strategic plan and ensures its execution by working with staff department directors and by acting as a resource across the association to increase broad cohesion for the plan.
- Work with staff to create initiatives and activities within their department, committees and daily activities that execute the vision of the board of directors and measure and track performance.
- Implement and oversee work management system for all staff.
- Serve alongside CEO as a Board of Directors liaison to keep the board aware of activities and expectations.
- Supervise and train all staff and monitor administrative processes and systems in coordination with the CEO.
- Seek out future leaders and develop members to become leaders at Greater Nashville REALTORS®.
- Engage with Tennessee REALTORS® and the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) and assist members wanting to participate at those levels. This includes leading the travel and planning for staff and leadership attending state and national REALTOR® association events.
- Ensure maximum opportunity to build strong bonds with the organization and its members.
- Assist CEO and Controller in preparation, administration and implementation of the budget.
- Support association’s efforts to adhere to NAR’s Core Standards.
- Participate alongside the CEO in staff development. This includes participating in regular meetings with staff directors, seeking professional development opportunities for all staff, developing a positive and enthusiastic staff culture and assisting with annual staff reviews.
- Create and sustain a healthy, fun and energetic staff team environment.
- Manage staff time and day-to-day operation.
- Serve as liaison to committees and other groups as needed.
- Prepare to assist in any role necessary within the staff to keep continuity in daily operations.
Greater Nashville REALTORS® is seeking an accomplished Chief Operating Officer with association and organizational management experience. Past experience managing and developing staff is essential. Experience working with a board of directors and volunteer leaders is essential. A minimum of eight - twelve years’ professional management experience in desired. Strong public speaking and communication skills essential. Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development. Excellent people skills. Flexible and able to multitask.
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email submissions only. No phone calls please. Salary based on qualifications and experience.
Jarron B. Springer, JD, CAE, RCE, C2EX
Chief Executive Officer
Greater Nashville REALTORS®
4540 Trousdale Drive
Nashville, TN 37204