Architecture & Engineering
Position Description / Responsibilities
Western Kentucky Architect with over 39 years of successful practice in multiple states seeks a Civil Engineer with no less than 5 years of experience to join the firm.
We are a diverse firm with experience in Judicial, Educational, Detention, Industrial, and more. View some of our projects at jksae.com.
We enjoy a casual, family oriented work environment. The ideal candidate will be well organized, very detail oriented, able to multi-task, and feel comfortable working on a team and independently. Strong interpersonal skills are preferred since the position will meet with clients, planners, and contractors.
Advanced knowledge of the engineering and architectural design process, construction documentation, administration and materials is essential. Working knowledge of AutoCAD is required and Revit is desired. Compensation will be based on level of education and experience.
Bachelor or Science in Civil Engineering and 5+ years of experience is minimal. We are looking for someone to manage the Civil department.
- A portfolio is required.
- Professional Engineer P.E. required. The ability to become licensed in the state of Tennessee and Kentucky is expected.
- LEED AP a bonus but not required.
- Experience in education (K-12, Higher Ed), government and municipal projects, sports, correctional and industrial work are all a plus.
- Motivated and energetic leader willing to take initiative and tackle any task
- Detail Oriented
- Experienced in preparing contracts and negotiating project scope, schedule
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Excellent knowledge of civil engineering documentation, detailing, building materials and codes, construction techniques, and characteristics
- Ability to oversee production, and mentor junior staff
- Ability to manage client and consultant relationships
- This is an in-house position, please do not contact us if you are only interested in contract work or telecommuting.
- Proficient in use of AutoCad.
- 5 years of civil land design, software skills, diverse land design experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and Sketchup
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, 3-D Studio Max, and Enscape experience
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in preparation and layout of specifications required.
- Strong knowledge of code and good planning skills
- Ability to lead and manage projects as needed
For more information, please visit www.jksae.com or send your resume to email@example.com