College and Career Specialist
Martha O'Bryan Center
Education, Training & Library , HR, Office & Administrative Support
Position Description / Responsibilities
The College & Career Specialist advises, coaches, and mentors high school students to succeed in school and prepare for college, and future careers and professions. The College & Career Specialist is supervised by and supports the High School Transition Coach in daily college/career access services at the ASU.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serves as a mentor and motivator for students, and helps students overcome barriers to success.
- Works with students and tutors to develop individualized strategies for academic improvement.
- Serves as subject matter expert on college access, including financial aid and ACT prep.
- Assists High School Transition Coach in seminars, assemblies, and college/career fairs to help students become ready for college and to assist them in building the skill sets necessary to be successful.
- Assists high school students with their college searches and applications.
- Assists High School Transition Coach in planning college visits, internships, and apprenticeships for high school students.
- Assists 12th-graders with their applications for financial aid and scholarships.
- Maintains a record of all colleges and universities to which students may apply.
- Assists High School Transition Coach in maintaining data and reporting grant outcomes throughout the year.
- Inputs data into appropriate databases as needed.
- Assists and participates in completing the reports required by funders.
- Works closely with the ASU & Post-Secondary team to ensure student success.
- Facilitate Passport to Success career skills/life skills workshops with students.
- Participate in facilitating summer bridge activities and summer seminars for students.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.