Communications & Meetings Specialist
Tennessee Business Roundtable
Nashville, TN 37217
Marketing, Communications & Information Technology
Position Description / Responsibilities
Based in Nashville, the Tennessee Business Roundtable (www.tbroundtable.org) is a nonprofit corporation which supports Tennessee and its economy by serving as a respected and influential policy voice for our state’s business community. We believe that an educated, healthy populace and sound state fiscal policies are the primary drivers of Tennessee’s vibrant economy. Our Roundtable brings together ideas, information, and leaders to develop and implement pro-business policies and initiatives.
Position Summary/Outline of Duties
The Communications & Meetings Specialist will support the Roundtable’s member companies by executing, at the direction of the President, in five areas which drive organizational success:
- Social Media (30%): Leads content creation and strategic messaging efforts on social media platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram).
- Member Communications (20%): Collaborating with senior staff, manages content creation, delivery and coordination of member email, newsletter and print communications.
- Meetings & Events (20%): Takes active role in scheduling, planning, execution, and follow-up tasks for online and live meetings of member groups as well as broader stakeholder convenings.
- External Engagement (20%): Maintains and updates content and design of website; creates digital and print materials for marketing, policy and membership; manages visual communications/video; and interacts with media and external communications stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned (10%): May include assisting with vendor management, budgeting, bookkeeping, member invoicing, or other assigned tasks depending on ability and need.
Qualifications and Skills
- Written Communication: Excellent writing and editing skills required; successful experience in business, news, government, and/or political writing preferred.
- Social Media Management: Proficiency in consistently developing engaging, idea-oriented social media content, and ability to coordinate messaging across media platforms required.
- Member Meetings/Events: Experience in scheduling, planning, and executing group meetings is required; experience in developing content for online and executive meetings is preferred.
- Digital Communication: Experience developing content and designing email and newsletter communications required; experience with business/professional audiences preferred.
- Website Management: Experience maintaining and building web pages required; Wix preferred.
- Technical/Digital Tools: Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, social media platforms, email, and internet and online interfaces required; experience in photo/video, SurveyMonkey, Canva, desktop publishing, graphic design, analytics, and/or video editing software preferred.
Key Incumbent Attitudes and Attributes
- Ability to understand and to make personal commitment in support of organization’s Core Values, Mission, Vision for Tennessee, and Organizational Vision
- Commitment to embrace and “own” responsibility to solve problems and create solutions daily through self-education, self-motivation, drive, and continuous improvement
- Ability to accept executive direction, consistently apply individual initiative and acquired experience to role, and grow scope and responsibilities of role within appropriate boundaries
- Demonstrated commitment to teamwork and collaboration with organizational staff, members, and external stakeholders, at executive and peer levels
- Proven ability to work diligently, productively, and consistently in both office and remote-work settings, both in collaboration with others and independently
- Ability to understand importance of and to reliably meet deadlines, while consistently delivering work product meeting/exceeding organizational and management specifications and standards
- Commitment to operating ethically and with integrity at all times and to good stewardship of organizational and personal time, resources, and talent
Education and Experience Requirements
- Associate’s degree and minimum of five years’ experience directly relevant to this role required
- Professional experience in a corporate, nonprofit, or government organization preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (e.g., communications, nonprofit management, public relations, public policy, business administration, etc.) preferred
Physical and Functional Requirements
The incumbent will perform this position’s duties in a second-floor, non-elevator office environment on multiple days each work week, and infrequently at external locations as needed, and must be able to:
- Operate office equipment/fixtures, telephones, personal computers and similar devices
- Engage regularly in verbal and digital communications with staff, members and external parties
- Travel infrequently to external meeting locations within Middle Tennessee
To Apply: Qualified applicants should email a letter of interest, resume and link to candidate’s LinkedIn profile by September 20, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.