Community Development Coordinator
Nashville Entrepreneur Center
Position Description / Responsibilities
The Community Development Coordinator is a role vital to the implementation and execution of the EC’s stewardship strategy, working with prospects, donors, and donor data to ensure a positive and impactful experience.
In this role, you will coordinate the comprehensive gift cultivation and acknowledgement process to ensure that stakeholders receive prompt response to donations and investments, experience the mission of the EC, and have high-quality interactions, strengthening long-term donor relationships and investment.
This role will work with the VP of Community Investment, VP of Inclusion and Community Relations and the marketing team to connect financial and non-financial stakeholders to the mission of the EC – the ability to “connect the dots” across all organizational departments is integral to the success of this position.
This is a goal-oriented, tactically driven role and you must have a high level of attention to detail and process but also be able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with constant evolution. The right candidate will have a positive, collaborative attitude with a willingness and desire to go above and beyond in order to achieve departmental and organizational goals.
- Manage the gift cultivation process – including prospect research, input and management of prospect data in CRM, and recording important prospect information and interactions in database.
- Coordinate and execute donor stewardship procedures - including input and management of donor data in CRM, invoices, tax receipts, donor documentation, and the execution of accurate, timely, and meaningful expressions of gratitude.
- Maintain schedule and system of gift acknowledgment for various levels and types of donations and donors, including writing and deploying stewardship letters for signature by executives and board members and assigning additional thank-you efforts as necessary.
- Work with marketing and development staff in the creation of meaningful and effective stewardship materials and communication methods for conveying mission impact and delivery to donors and stakeholders.
- Assist in donor events and solicitation campaigns by organizing invitations and materials, executing mailings, coordinating guest lists and tracking RSVPs, and managing post-event activities.
- Attend stakeholder and donor events and programs as needed.
- Research and identify prospective grant opportunities.
- Project manage the grant process including preparation of grant applications/proposals and supporting documents.
- An enthusiastic personality with passion for the mission of the Nashville Entrepreneur Center
- Exceptional attention to detail and process
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple, detail-oriented requests
- Excellent at setting and managing to deadlines
- Very strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Stellar written communication skills with ability to both inform and persuade clearly
- Proficient in research, interpretation, and analyzation of diverse data in non-profit grants
- Works well in ambiguity and brings order to chaos
- Highly relational, with “donor-centric” attitude and discretion to guard the confidentiality of donor information
- Willingness to attend and work donor and organizational events as assigned, sometimes including evenings and weekends
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years in coordinator or administrative role with proven track record in data management
- Proficient in executing mail merges and ability to learn new software applications as necessary
- Basic level grant research and writing highly desired
- CRM experience a bonus
- Resourceful and efficient, with experience operating within a small business with limited resources. Experience in not-for-profit or bootstrapped environment preferred.
- Proficient in various project management software, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Apple Keynote, and Google Apps.
To apply for this position please visit this webpage.