Community Nutrition & Health Manager
Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee
331 Great Circle Road Nashville, TN 37228
Position Description / Responsibilities
Summary: The Community Nutrition & Health Manager collaborates with the team to design and implement the Nutrition Outreach Program through working with Partner Agencies to provide nutrition education, cooking classes, and nutrition handouts. Works with Partner Agencies and Program Sites to improve the neighbor experience by helping increase client choice at food pantries. Manages all healthcare partnerships to help address the intersection of hunger and health. Serves as a preceptor for the Dietetic Internship Program, overseeing projects and fostering a culture of learning with interns. Implements Second Harvest Food Bank nutrition policy. This position supports and fosters our deep commitment to diversity and inclusion, which is the foundation for creating a culture of belonging for all personnel.
- Manage all healthcare initiatives to ensure SHFB is addressing the intersection of hunger & health, including maintaining relationships with current healthcare partners, placing monthly orders for clinics, and tracking/reporting necessary metrics for healthcare grants.
- Collaborate with hospitals, safety net clinics, and healthcare organizations to connect them with community resources working to address hunger and poverty.
- Work with dietetic interns to implement the Nutrition Outreach Program through providing nutrition education, cooking classes, on-site food tastings for Partner Agencies, Program Sites, and Mobile Pantries.
- Create innovative and poverty conscious nutrition education materials such as handouts and presentations.
- Consult for internal programs and Partner Agencies who request assistance with menu planning, food box packing standards, or have nutrition related questions.
- Work directly with Partner Agencies and Program Sites to help them increase client choice within their current food pantry models, through assessing barriers, providing solutions, and assessing reasonable levels of choice they can implement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required in Nutrition, Food Administration, Dietetics, or related area preferred. Credentialed Registered Dietitian (RD) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) is required for this position, or its supervisor. If one has an RD designation, it is not required for the other team member.
- Experience: 2+ years of related experience and/or training.
- Skills & Capabilities:
- Works cross functionally to design and implement strategic programming that increases nutritious food access across our 46-county service area.
- Plans and implements nutrition education classes and materials for children, adults, and seniors.
- Interacts with persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds for the purpose of nutrition education.
- Public speaking and presentation skills with the ability to provide nutrition information and instructions.
- Precepts dietetic interns, including organizing workflow to accomplish established objectives and training.
- Works as part of a team and collaborates with colleagues.
Think this sounds like a role and workplace where you would thrive? Apply now!
You can express interest in joining our team, in any of the following ways:
- Online: employment application on our website: secondharvestmidtn.org/job-opportunities. Resume and cover letter can be uploaded with applications on the website as well.
- Email: Resume and cover letter can be sent to our Human Resources team at email@example.com.
- In person: applications can be completed by visiting us on-site at any of our distribution centers, locations can be found on our website: secondharvestmidtn.org/contact.
Thanks for your interest in working for Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee - we love it here and think you will too!