Coordinator of Talent Development
Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
Community & Nonprofit
Position Description / Responsibilities
Provides Talent Development team project management, program, meeting, committee and administrative support.
- Supports day-to-day operations, project and program activities of the Talent Development Theater. Provides administrative and logistics support to Talent Development initiatives including; pre-K-12 education, postsecondary attainment, adult attainment, committees, councils, grant activities, employer engagement and cross-theater initiatives.
- Develops strategies and collateral to share information about Talent theater initiatives with Chamber members, education stakeholders, and regional and national partners.
- Develops and maintains a thorough knowledge of Talent Development customers, stakeholders, programs and initiatives.
- Provides research on issues and information as requested and coordinates with The Research Center if applicable.
- Maintains strong customer service relationships with team members, Chamber staff, volunteers and stakeholders.
- Assists in program planning, implementation and budgeting, as needed.
- Provides scheduling assistance for the team.
- Participates in the Chamber’s overall revenue culture through pre-determined revenue accountabilities that align to the work of the Talent Development team.
KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Prefer either a minimum of two-years’ experience or an associate/bachelor’s degree and one-year of experience.
- Experience in education, workforce development and volunteer management preferred; experience in a nonprofit organization a plus.
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously in a team environment.
- Knowledge of cross-sector engagement and workforce development stakeholders including state and local government agencies, community-based organizations, secondary and postsecondary education institutions, and employers
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with both internal and external customers.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) with an aptitude to quickly master new software programs and interactive media applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of general business principles and office protocol.
ABILITIES REQUIRED (work characteristics, behaviors, leadership abilities, etc.):
- Ability to research issues and provide concise, effective written analysis.
- Ability to manage and process multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams or independently, respond to team members’ needs while balancing priorities Strong customer service skills with a proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to share Chamber work with funders and stakeholders; experience tracking budgets and reporting outcomes is desired but not required.
- Self-motivated to accomplish goals, while incorporating direction of managers into daily work Creative problem solver with a positive attitude Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.