Coordinator, Talent Development
Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
Community & Nonprofit
Position Description / Responsibilities
POSITION SUMMARY/ PRIMARY PURPOSE:
Provides Talent Development team project management, program, meeting, committee and administrative support.
· Supports day-to-day operations, project and program activities of the Talent Development Theater. Provides administrative and logistics support to these initiatives including; pre-k – 12th grade, Academies of Nashville, education business partnerships, postsecondary attainment, adult attainment initiatives (The Talent Hub) and the attraction and retention of young professionals
· Serves as the point of contact for the Talent Development programs and services in support of and in the absence of the managers
· Develops and maintains a thorough knowledge of the customers, stakeholders, programs and initiatives
· Provides research and information and coordinates with The Research Center in support of new and ongoing initiatives
· Maintains strong customer service relationships with team members, chamber staff, volunteers and stakeholders
· Assists in program planning, implementation and budgeting
· The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major job duties and responsibilities of this position. The incumbent may be required to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
A. KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Education: Requires a minimum of an associate degree in business or related field
Experience: Requires a minimum of two-years’ experience with an associate degree or a bachelor’s degree and one-year of experience. Must be able to work in a team environment, respond to multiple managers and priorities. Experience in education, workforce development and volunteer management preferred. Experience in a nonprofit organization a plus.
B. SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· Strong organizational skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills exhibited with both internal and external customers.
· Highly skilled in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) have an aptitude to quickly master new software programs and interactive media applications.
· Demonstrated knowledge of general business principles and office protocol
· Ability to manage and process multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
· Demonstrated ability to work in teams or independently, respond to multiple manager’s needs while balancing priorities.
· Strong customer service skills with a proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
· Self-motivated to accomplish goals, while incorporating direction of managers into daily work
· Creative problem solver with a positive attitude
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
80% or more
50% to 80%
Less than 50%
X This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
Project Management LEADERSHIP AND/OR PARTICIPANT RESPONSIBILITIES:
Estimated percentage of time devoted to project work:
Less than 25%
X 25% to 50%
More than 50%
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone inquiries, please.