COVID-19 Vaccine Awareness and Outreach Coordinator
2195 Nolensville Pike Nashville, TN 37211
Family Services/Human Services/Behavioral Health
Position Description / Responsibilities
Position: COVID-19 Vaccine Awareness and Outreach Coordinator
Conexión Américas seeks qualified candidates for the position of COVID-19 Vaccine Awareness and Outreach Coordinator. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent customer service skills in order to promote and increase awareness around vaccine efforts within the immigrant and elderly communities, and the process to get vaccinated. Experience with outreach and providing excellent customer service skills required. Only candidates who can demonstrate total commitment to the mission and values of Conexión Américas should apply. Please read about our mission and values on our website at www.conexionamericas.org.
This is a temporary, part-time position funded by Esperanza Hope For All, Unidos US Grant. The position lasts upon completing 63 hours. . The position reports to the Director of Policy and Communications. The salary for the position is $30 hourly + mileage reimbursement .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
● Attend specific community events on behalf of Conexión Américas to reach the Latino community and promote vaccine awareness and Conexión Américas programs.
● Work closely with local community partners to plan and execute outreach efforts.
● Improve understanding for vaccine hesitancy reasons and develop approaches to address vaccine hesitancy.
● Make referrals to and connect people with social services to address underlying social needs.
● Attend Conexión Américas’ programmatic events to support staff, as well as build awareness around COVID-19 for all program attendees.
● The Outreach Coordinator must commit to attend the following events:
Date & Time
Dia de los Muertos
Hispanic Heritage Festival CA
Cosecha Community Market
Woodbine United Methodist Church
(2 Tuesdays each month)
2415 Edge O Lake
Youth Mental Health
Festival Hadley Park
General Organization Support Duties:
● Communicate in a positive and effective manner Conexión Américas’ mission and programs to program participants and the general public.
● Attend and provide support, as needed, to organizational events.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed above. As with every other position at Conexión Américas, every person in the organization will assist in any way necessary to respond to new demands and to ensure a collaborative environment.
Qualifications (Education and Experience):
● Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
● Fully bilingual in English and Spanish, preferred.
● Exceptional oral and public speaking abilities to communicate with Latino families
● Excellent customer service skills
● Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed
● Familiarity with the Latino community in Davidson County
● Experience communicating with Latino families
● Strong understanding of reasons for vaccine hesitancy in the Latino community (preferred) ● Excellent organizational skills
● Must have access to reliable transportation
● Self-motivated, well-organized, and able to work multiple tasks simultaneously
● Must successfully participate in the Conexión Américas background check process
To Apply: Please submit resume, and references to Diana Perez, Associate Director of Communications & Marketing , via email to email@example.com. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive an email notification. No phone calls or in-person inquiries, please.