Position Description / Responsibilities
The Business Intelligence team has big plans for 2020 and beyond, and we need a great Data Analyst to help us accomplish our goals. As a company, data is the core of our business. We leverage our data to gain better insights into the technology buying market, drive more efficient conversations with technology buyers, help our sales team build programs for our clients that will produce the highest quality leads, and ultimately offer our data in new and innovative product offerings.
As a Data Analyst, your job is to find the truth in the data. You’ll be responsible for ensuring data/reporting requests from various teams are met quickly and accurately. You’ll be the go-to for everything from the most basic excel formatting request, elaborate and sometimes fancy Tableau reports, and complex SQL queries. You’ll coordinate the data flows from our internal systems to our internal stakeholders.
YOUR DAY TO DAY AT TA:
- Field Reporting and data requests from various teams via Tableau and SQL queries
- Work with our various business units to assess, prioritize, execute, and interpret short term data tasks and long term data projects
- Use a combination of Tableau, Excel, Python, and/or SQL queries to produce reports and data products that meet the needs of internal stakeholders.
- Troubleshoot and catch errors in SQL queries that don’t produce expected results, ensuring the data or insights you provide not only meet the business need but make common sense
- Identify gaps in data collection needed to support analytical endeavors
- Communicate data nuances and insights with internal stakeholders in a clear and concise manner
- Utilize data findings to educate key stakeholders on trends and strategic implications
- Tableau experience (or a similar tool)
- Experience with creating and managing data sources for use in Tableau
- Experience with Tableau to include calculated fields, case statements, level of detail expressions.
- Knowledge of SQL is a must
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and have the ability to multitask
- Ability to demonstrate supportive relationships with peers, clients, partners, and corporate executives
- Must be flexible with a “can do” attitude and have the ability to remain professional under high pressure situations
- High level of initiative, self-direction and accountability for actions
- Excellent time management and planning skills are essential
- Ability to retain and protect confidential material
- Ability to thrive in a reactive environment
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in Data/Business Analytics
- Experience with Python is a plus
- Experience with ETL Tools.
To be considered, apply here.