DATA STRATEGIES UNIT DIRECTOR - 22607
State of Tennessee
Government , Marketing, Communications & Information Technology
Position Description / Responsibilities
How you make a difference in this role:
The Data Strategies Unit, part of the Quality Improvement and Strategic Solutions Division, is responsible for data validation and assurance, data analysis and exploration, predictive analytics, statistical and mathematical modeling, and presenting findings and recommendations related to data-driven decision-making. This position will serve as Director 4 of the Data Strategies Unit (DSU) and will manage a team of technical research specialists. This position will report to the Director of Operations and is responsible for oversight and governance of the department's strategic use of data in order to drive business decisions and success.
- Lead, motivate and manage the Data Strategies Unit (DSU) towards the department's operational goals and objectives that improves decision-making.
- Assist in the development of short and long term goals while assigning and prioritizing work product and ensuring quality of work.
- Responsible for team member planning and oversight. Sets priorities for projects and directs the team to ensure the most efficient operations and comprehensive products possible.
- Develops strategies to implement and maintain a data-driven culture within the department.
- Maintain relationship with technology and other statewide partners to ensure effective collection and storage of data elements.
- Develop and apply appropriate technical evaluation measures and encourage, support, and reinforce the production of high-quality data products.
- Influences and directs the eventual success of DSU team members.
- Remain current on policy changes regarding data classification standards and levels in order to ensure proper safeguarding of information.
- Structure logical reports and dashboards that have clear and meaningful conclusions are supported by logical claims and relevant data, and account for inconsistent data.
- Maintain familiarity with the legal; privacy, civil rights, and civil liberties; ethics; and operational security issues surrounding the use of data.
- Decide which data elements should be collected on a routine basis to solve specific problems.
- Identifying the data elements to be gathered in special issue data collections.
- Assist in defining data collection methodologies and use.
- Establish and participate on various committees.
- Organize and implement policies, procedures, structures, roles, and responsibilities that outline and enforce rules of engagement, decision rights, and the accountabilities for the effective management of information assets.
- Recommend an enterprise wide data retention policy.
- Recommend improvements and implement the department¿s data and quality management strategy.
- Coordinate and conducts presentations.
Bachelor's degree in statistics, applied statistics, business administration, or experience equivalent to five years full-time professional work developing research methodology and/or directing statistical research. Master's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Management, or Public Administration preferred
DATA STRATEGIES UNIT DIRECTOR | Nashville, TN For more information and to apply go to: tn.gov/careers (search 22607)