Database Management Specialist
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee
Position Description / Responsibilities
JOB TITLE: Database Management Specialist
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: No
FLSA STATUS: Exempt, Salary
BIGGER AND BETTER TOGETHER
For over 50 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee has served young people in the Middle TN region. Our work supports our belief that every child has the ability to succeed and thrive in life. Big Brothers Big Sisters makes meaningful, monitored matches between adult volunteers (Bigs) and youth (Littles). Through our commitment to quality, innovation, and the passion we have for our work, we develop and sustain positive, life-changing relationships that have a direct and lasting impact on the lives of our youth and the adults who mentor them.
Our Mission is to create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth. As noted by our Vision, we are driven by a future in which all youth achieve their full potential.
WE ARE AN AGENCY THAT CELEBRATES DIFFERENCES
We show each other dignity through our partnerships, decisions, and language. We intentionally engage, represent, and partner with our diverse communities. We demonstrate our values by learning together with staff, board, volunteers, youth, families, and investors to think and act with sensitivity and intentionality. Driven by the voice of our stakeholders, our agency develops responsive and respectful programming and builds strategic and thoughtful alliances.
We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. We know that teams perform at their highest when they feel supported and that they belong. Each of our team members brings unique perspectives and skills, and we are committed to building a culture where voices are heard, differences are celebrated, and everyone has the opportunity to do meaningful work. At Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle TN, you will be inspired by talented, passionate colleagues who will motivate you to do and be your best. We are bigger and better together!
About the Role
The Database Management Specialist will be responsible for the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and integration of our Salesforce database. Working closely with fundraising, program management and marketing staff, the specialist will serve as the primary system administrator for the Salesforce (and related platform, Matchforce) environment. In this role, you’ll be responsible for driving the overall optimization and ongoing integration of the Salesforce Platform and assisting team members with their technology needs.
Day to day:
- Build out of key reports and dashboards, data administration, and integrity upkeep
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to build, iterate, and improve existing or new processes and functions
- Day to day administration, troubleshooting, and maintenance of the connected Salesforce platform
- Managing and streamlining process flows
- FormAssembly building and integration
- Identifying project issues/risks and presenting solutions to alleviate or resolve them
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user maintenance, modification of page layouts, generation of reports and dashboards, creation of new fields and other routine tasks
Local staff have a hybrid work environment, but remote work work is offered for candidates outside of the Nashville, TN area.
This Job May Be For You…..
- Strong understanding of the Salesforce platform
- Excellent project management skills and a positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, and handle and prioritize simultaneous requests
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization
- Ability to critically evaluate and prioritize information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce and other integrated systems
- Salesforce interest and ability to quickly master new technology
Additionally, we’d love…
- A documented history of successful project completion
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex processes
- Passion for and commitment to the mission of Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Ability to collaborate effectively
- Nonprofit experience
Qualifications Strong Salesforce interest and understanding of the platform. Previous experience managing Salesforce integrations, generating reports and dashboards, and handling of data input.
If this sounds like the position and organization for you, please submit a resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Your Name – Database Management Specialist” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Big Brothers Big sisters of Middle Tennessee celebrates diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, class, color, sexuality, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, nationality, disability, marital status, or military status.