Community & Nonprofit
Position Description / Responsibilities
LP PENCIL Box
Reports to: LP PENCIL Box Manager
Supervises: Volunteers and Interns
Schedule: Part time, hourly
Wage Scale: $13-15 / hr
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
PENCIL’S TEAM VALUES:
Our work is guided by the needs of Metro Nashville Public Schools, is student centric, and is achieved through partnerships and tangible engagements.
As the PENCIL team, we will:
• Be collaborative and transparent
• Act with integrity
• Demonstrate kindness and gratitude
The LP PENCIL Box Delivery Coordinator oversees the delivery and pick-up of school supplies at the LP PENCIL Box. The goal of this position is to operate the free teacher supply store efficiently, allowing for teachers to receive supplies in a timely manner and to help pick-up more supplies from local sources.
The Delivery Coordinator will focus on the following impact areas:
• Keep up with all necessary van maintenance schedules and assure that the PENCIL van is in proper working order.
• Create and upkeep a van calendar.
• Deliver supplies to schools at least 3 days a week.
• Work with the LP PENCIL Box manager on making delivery procedures and routes for upcoming deliveries.
• Ensure the proper supplies are loaded onto the van for each delivery, and make sure pick-ups are unloaded and reported.
• Help with inventory management in the warehouse when not on delivery.
• Work with LP PENCIL Box Manager to ensure correct manifest is ready to load each delivery date.
• Create efficient routes to maximize deliveries
• Work with marketing team to capture pictures or video on occasional delivery
• Keep a maintenance schedule and ensure the van is in good operational use and stays clean.
• Make deliveries to schools and pick-up donations from donors around Davidson county.
2. Inventory Management
• Ensure the van is loaded with a manifest list prior to each delivery
• Unload the van after each pick-up and count/sort donations when possible
• Help with sorting and pallet loading after large donations, including operating walkie-stacker to place pallets.
• EDUCATION – High School Diploma or GED
• SKILLS –
o Must be able to drive large cargo van and utilize straps and carts to safely transport school supplies to schools.
o Organized and able to keep accurate and detailed documentation
o Creative and able to problem solve, set goals, and meet deadlines
o Ability to effectively interact with all PENCIL clients, staff, donors, and board of directors
o Strong interpersonal skills are necessary
o Able to work independently and proactively without daily instruction is critical, but must work with and instruct a team as well
• EXPERIENCE – Previous work experience with deliveries or warehouse preferred.
• CONFIDENTIALITY – ability to manage sensitive information in a professional and confidential manner as outlined in PENCIL’s Confidentiality Policy
• LICENSE – A valid driver’s license is required; ability to drive PENCIL Cargo Van is required
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous activity during shifts.
• Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move 25-50 pounds.
• The employee is required to stand, walk, climb and balance
• The employee will drive a cargo van often.
WORK SCHEDULE & HOURS:
Part time position, 20 hours a week from August to April. Work hours can be flexible, but must coincide with at least 3 delivery windows a week from 9 AM – 1 PM. Example schedule: Monday, Wednesday, Friday – 8:30 AM-3:00 PM.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by August 2, 2019 to be considered for this position.