Andrew Jackson Foundation
HQ, Office & Administrative Support
Position Description / Responsibilities
The Development Associate is responsible for providing administrative support to the Development Department by conducting donor research, generating reports, creating and maintaining event invitation lists, processing and acknowledging gifts, maintaining the Tessitura database and executing other assignments as needed.
- Staff Support
- Collect, analyze and report development data for the Senior Vice President for Institutional Advancement (SVP), Director of Development (DD), Director of Events (DE) and Membership and Database Manager (MDM). This includes campaign revenue reports, donor and membership reports, contact reports and other reports as needed.
- Utilize iWave wealth screening software to conduct prospect research and generate donor profiles.
- Draft copy for acknowledgment letters and pledge reminders; coordinate signing and sending of department mailings.
- Generate lists and execute mail merges for direct mail appeals and event invitations.
- Communicate with donors, foundations, corporations and vendors as needed to schedule and manage appointments, send and request gift documentation and manage event RSVPs.
- Coordinate onboarding and weekly assignments for volunteers; plan quarterly recognition activities.
- Database Management
- Develop and implement data entry standards within Tessitura and maintain data integrity.
- Process contributions and generate acknowledgement letters; create and maintain acknowledgment rules within Tessitura.
- Perform other routine activities and maintenance within Tessitura, including:
- Entering and maintaining data
- Creating new campaigns, funds and appeals
- Generating lists, output sets and extractions
- Managing support tickets and communicating solutions
- Participate in professional development opportunities related to Tessitura and identify department processes that may be enhanced or automated.
- Passion for the Andrew Jackson Foundation’s mission to preserve, educate and inspire
- Bachelor's degree required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with keen attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively as independent contributor or as part of a team
- Passion for collaboration and ability to work with other staff and departments to achieve a shared vision
- Commitment to providing elite customer service, building relationships and demonstrating reliability
- Professionalism and ability to represent the Foundation in the community
- High character with ability to promote positive morale
- Excellent computer skills with ability to effectively utilize spreadsheets, presentations and word processors
- Experience working with Tessitura or other CRM software preferred
Email resume and cover letter to Ray Baker, Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org