Centennial Park Conservancy
Position Description / Responsibilities
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Parthenon and Centennial Park have been essential parts of Nashville’s fabric for more than a century. Over 3 million people visit the Park and Parthenon annually, and as a 501(c)(3)nonprofit support organization working in partnership with Metro Parks, Centennial Park Conservancy (CPC) is committed to our mission of preserving, enhancing, and sharing these Nashville treasures to serve current and future generations. The organization is responsible for a variety of initiatives focused on caring for the Park and maintaining its vibrancy. Centennial Park Conservancy has several areas of focus, including:
The Parthenon - a full scale replica of the Grecian monument that operates as an engaging museum, presenting humanities exhibitions and educational programming for over 300,000 visitors annually
Musicians Corner - an outdoor music series attended by 75,000 people annually that presents free, diverse, and accessible live music for people of all ages and socio-economic groups
Kidsville - an educational program that serves over 30,000 children (ages 2-12) annually and provides free activities in the Parthenon, Park, and Metro Parks Community Centers across the city
Nashville Earth Day - the city’s official event celebrating, protecting our environment, and creating positive change through the funding of environmental projects across our city
Centennial Park Revitalization - a multi-decade partnership with Metro Parks to preserve and transform Nashville’s central park to serve current and future generations; achieved through capital improvements projects, the Centennial Park Maintenance Fund, and Parthenon Preservation Fund POSITION OVERVIEW: The Development Manager will support the many aspects of the work of the Development Office including donor communications, gift processing, database management, event planning, donor research, communications, stewardship, and other administrative support.
Team Support and Logistics:
- This position provides operational support to the Development team and provides logistical support for fundraising events, etc
- Acts in a support role for the Development team members in the execution of operational activities
- Attends, organizes, and participates in periodic meetings regarding operations, weekly check-ins, and gift management reviews
- Meets regularly with the (Direct Report) and other development team members, providing agenda items for upcoming projects and activity reminders
- Assists with gathering and organizing materials for meetings
- Assists with communicating travel plans, anticipated events, and objectives to development team
- Collaborates with and support team members on special projects/initiatives
Data and Gifts Management:
- Coordinates gift processing to ensure accurate execution of check processing and stewardship procedures are followed and understood
- Sustain and grow the organization's memberships by retaining and attracting members through proactive communications, including phone, email, direct mail, handwritten notes, event marketing and member perks at events, promotions, giveaways, and campaigns
- Supports tracking large budgeted monthly gifts, as reflected in the revenue budget to support forecasting
- Works closely with the Accountant to ensure monthly reconciliation (liaise to ensure that gift data is properly coded; works with Accountant on check printing as needed
- Makes remote and on-site bank deposits
- Coordinates data hygiene updates to ensure quality data by creating new accounts, requesting account merges, and making other needed updates. Support portfolio updates as defined by leadership by transferring accounts/contacts to the appropriate relationship manager, inactivating and adding new accounts, and ensuring portfolios are reflected for each role. Monitor upcoming and past due solicitations and gifts and share information to ensure data is updated appropriately
- Provides ongoing user training and education on new functionality and/or changes in the Salesforce system
- Serves as the liaison to Salesforce CRM Customer Service for data systems, gift processing, and research as needed
- Enters data in the donor management system (Salesforce) to include next steps and solicitations to accurately reflect strategic activity for donors and prospects. Document pipeline and task assignments, track prospects and maintain timelines.
- Generates Salesforce reports including, but not limited to solicitations, next steps for prospects/donors, and prospects by regional area
- Researches and provides data from donor management systems for donor engagement projects
- Provides a considerable amount of confidential and sensitive information in support of departmental activities
- Reviews, analyzes, and researches trends and recommends strategies for continuous improvement
- Nurtures a culture of philanthropy among team members, partners, donors, prospects and greater community
- Ensures recognition of all gifts by personalizing acknowledgment letters and communications to donors – members, sponsors, and foundation grants, prepares donor acknowledgement and pledge reminders, and donor stewardship pieces
- Creates mailing lists for direct mail vendors and ensures process runs smoothly with those vendors
- Acknowledges all restricted, campaign and legacy gifts, and pledges; prepares pledge payment reminders and pledge agreements
- Researches and identifies corporate, foundation, and individual prospects
- Collaborates with the marketing department to coordinate a variety of donor communications, including sending out email communications, invitations, newsletters, brochures, and other collateral as needed.
Volunteer and Intern Management:
- This position may have supervisory responsibility over interns and volunteers.
- Supports volunteers who perform data entry and data-related projects for the development team.
- Prioritizes multiple projects according to organizational demands
- Establishes regular communication flow with key stakeholders
- Performs tasks and other duties as assigned
- This position reports administratively and functionally to the Sr Director of Donor Engagement
For more information about the position, including how to apply, please visit our listing on Indeed.