DHS PROGRAM DIRECTOR 2- Job Id 42809
State Of TN
Government , Family Services/Human Services/Behavioral Health
Position Description / Responsibilities
The Tennessee Department of Human Services is announcing a vacancy for DHS Program Director 2. This vacancy is within the Division of Rehabilitation Services and is critical to the success of the TRC Student vocational training path. This DHS Program Director 2 position is a senior leadership position at the Tennessee Rehabilitation Center (TRC). It has the responsibility of leadership and supervision to the Vocational Training, Behavior, Student Support Service, Transitional Services for the Blind, Specialty Services and Center Technology and Data. In this leadership role, the DHS Program Director 2 is active with the customer on a daily basis through presentations at student assemblies, development of classes and student mentoring. This position also works directly with community partnerships and companies in the development of training opportunities, internships and employment for students. This position is responsible for all vocational training and other training that is provided at TRC. Provides direction in all evaluation, planning and development of vocational training studies. This position develops such policies and procedures along with the supervision and performance review of Vocational Training staff. The DHS Program Director 2 is responsible for student admissions, case management, community training and vocational training supports at TRC. The position also has oversite of student reviews, and appeals process and handles all student complaints and answers questions regarding program delivery.
• Directs training staff in evaluation, planning, and development for a training area or for multiple training areas; maintains contact with service delivery and training staff to ensure that services are being provided adequately and without duplication.
• Studies relevant federal and state policies and procedures; determines applicability of new and revised policies and makes recommendations for changes to state policies; interprets policies and procedures for field staff.
• Develop community partnerships in all areas to include training, pre-apprenticeships, employment, student resources and advocacy.
• Performs liaison work to explain and interpret programs; handles complaints and answers questions regarding training delivery; specifies problematic issues for subordinate staff to evaluate in order to identify circumstances of the complaint; issues final response to complaints based on relevant policies, procedures, and research.
• Actively participates as part of the executive leadership team of the Tennessee Rehabilitation Center.
• Assigns, train, supervises, and evaluates assigned staff and their work; makes recommendations on human resources actions such as employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, retention, and increases for exceptional performance
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree and experience equivalent to five years of full-time professional work in one or a combination of the following: social services, human services, education, auditing, accounting, and/or social services grant coordination At least four years of this experience must have been human services program evaluation or case review work.
Substitution of Graduate Education for Experience: Graduate course work from an accredited college or university in any liberal arts field, including but not limited to social sciences, mathematics, or statistics; education; public administration; and/or business may be substituted for the required experience, on a year-for-year basis, to a maximum of two years, there being no substitution for the required four years of specialized experience.
Substitution of Experience for Education: Additional professional experience in social services, human services, education, auditing, accounting, and/or social services grant coordination may substitute for the required education on a year for year basis to a maximum of four years (one year of experience is equivalent to 45 undergraduate quarter hours), there being no substitution for the required four years of specialized experience OR
Experience equivalent to three years of human services field supervision or human services program evaluation or case review work with the State of Tennessee
Click here to apply by February 15, 2023
DHS Program Director 2 - Smyrna-021523.pdf (tn.gov)