DHS Program Director
State of Tennessee
Position Description / Responsibilities
DHS Program Director 3 – Vocational Rehabilitation Business Services Unit
(Business Services Unit Director)
The Department of Human Services mission is to offer temporary economic assistance, work opportunities and protective services to improve the lives of Tennesseans. Our vision is to be a leader in effectively partnering with human service customers in establishing or re-establishing self-sufficiency to create a better quality of life.
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction for all VR Business Services Unit operations, functions, and activities. Evaluate and oversee the organization, structure, and staffing of the Business Services Unit to achieve unit and VR program goals including meeting the needs of individuals with disabilities, the business community, and compliance with the requirements of Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act (WIOA).
- Provide day to day oversight of the Business Employment Consultants including conducting regular meetings and professional development plans and training opportunities for staff.
- Develop and implement innovative education and business outreach plans that targets geographic locations and business industries based on the needs of both VR clients and the business community based on labor market data and employment trends in Tennessee.
- Establish, maintain, and strengthen relationships with state partners including Economic and Community Development (ECD), Department of Labor and Workforce Development (DLWD) and their Workforce Investment Networks, American Job Centers and One Stops across the state.
- Maintain and strengthen relationships and communication with Advisory Councils and Boards specific to the VR Program and represent the Department and the Vocational Rehabilitation program to a variety of audiences across the state and facilitate and maintain contact with stakeholder groups, including the facilitation of regularly scheduled meetings with provider and advocacy associations.
Under the general supervision of the Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) Program, the Director of the Business Services Unit is responsible for building long-term relationships with businesses with a presence in Tennessee to meet the individual needs of those businesses while increasing the employment of individuals with disabilities in the competitive integrated labor market. The Business Services Unit Director is responsible for developing and implementing strategies that identify and meet employer needs while providing leadership for a team of professional Business Employment Consultants located across the state.
How to Apply:
Please submit resume and cover letter outlining your related experience to email@example.com by May 8, 2018.
All email submissions must include in the subject line: DHS Program Director 3 – Vocational Rehabilitation Business Services Unit.