Digital Content Strategist
Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
Community & Nonprofit , Marketing, Communications & Information Technology , Communication
Position Description / Responsibilities
The Digital Content Strategist is an integral part of the Nashville Area Chamber’s marketing and communications team. This position supports internal Chamber theaters to research, write, edit, and integrate copy and graphics used to promote an extensive list of Chamber programming and initiatives to target audiences through websites, blogs, email, e-newsletters, social media, advertisements, and printed reports. This position sources and selects content from vendors and other guest authors as needed. In addition, this position analyzes content needs and studies user consumption data to optimize strategy and develop a schedule for updates, archiving, and ongoing content production.
- Develop, execute, and manage content strategies to attract members and investors, increase engagement, build brand loyalty, and generate leads for an extensive list of Chamber programming and initiatives.
- Manage nashvillechamber.com, both daily and strategic, long-term maintenance and innovation. Lead website redesign efforts and sitemap creation. Own content and development of new pages, improvements to site structure and information architecture and navigation. Assist with site optimization, maintenance, hosting relationship, and security.
- Analyze website traffic and measurement data to implement strategic improvements and provide SEO guidance.
- Conduct stakeholder interviews to generate content for internal theaters, understand the nuances of various audience sectors, and recommend opportunities to improve Chamber strategies.
- Generate content for landing pages, blogs, email newsletters, advertisements, marketing campaigns, and other messaging. Perform frequent content audits to assess performance of existing content.
- Develop and execute a strategy for targeted email communications.
- Manage Chamber email lists using CRM database and email marketing software. Protect member-designated email preferences.
- Review metrics and analyze patterns to communicate with target audiences more effectively and inform strategic use of email marketing and communications.
- Understand and use audience data to create effective and compelling messaging that demonstrates value.
- In collaboration with the marketing and communications team, support social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube. Increase and improve the Chamber’s online presence by assisting with the implementation of organization-wide social media strategies.
- Contribute to development of advertising calendar. Assist with messaging, ad buys and placement ideas. Maintain tracking system, communicate with external vendors, and report on campaign metrics.
- Create a culture of service excellence, understanding member and investor needs to advocate for their perspective in internal meetings.
- Review vendor proposals and Scope of Work. Present to Chamber on ROI, vision, and results.
- Initiate project consultations with program managers to establish project goals, messaging, and best practices for reaching target audiences.
- Work with the marketing and communications team to prioritize projects across multiple clients using project management platform to track project progress for internal and external communication needs.
- Other duties/projects as assigned by the VP of Marketing and Communications.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or a related field is preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in a corporate, in-house, agency or similar work setting.
- Ability to provide writing samples and marketing copy or campaign examples.
- Experience developing customer personas and audiences for digital and social media channels.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills are essential. Understanding of Associated Press journalistic style is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) is required. Comfort working within content management systems and internet technologies (Google Analytics, SEO, basic HTML) is preferred. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Understanding of email marketing and social media platforms required, including knowledge of emerging trends in digital media and an aptitude for learning new technology. WordPress, Unbounce, Squarespace and Emma or similar email automation/content management platforms preferred. Knowledge of user experience is a plus.
- General understanding of market research, target marketing and segmentation, metrics tracking, and reporting required.
- Ability to manage digital marketing activities such as weekly e-newsletters, website content creation, and advertising placement.
- Exceptional organizational abilities and project and time management with a strong ability to meet deadlines and respond quickly to changing workplace needs.
- Strong leadership, collaboration and decision-making skills are necessary. Must be committed to working as part of a team and able to establish strong internal and external working relationships.
- Communication and problem-solving skills are crucial. Must be able to communicate ideas verbally and in writing. Must have an eye for detail.
- Exemplary customer-service skills, including the ability to meet deadlines and respond quickly to changing workplace needs.
- Actively contribute to team brainstorm sessions and provide impactful and strategic marketing copy for high-level, large-scale marketing campaigns and initiatives.
- Ability to think strategically about ways to improve the Chamber's marketing and communications efforts to benefit all audiences and in alignment with brand.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org