Director of Benefits
HQ, Office & Administrative Support
Position Description / Responsibilities
As we continue to grow, Wellpath (the new Correct Care Solutions and Correctional Medical Group Companies) has a need for its first Director of Benefits who will be responsible for planning and directing the overall design and implementation of all employee benefits plans.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or Human Resources is a plus
- Vendor management (outsourced benefit and retirement plan) experience required.
- Proven STRATEGIC benefits management and mentorship experience required.
- Worked with, or supported, 401k plans.
- Experience with M&A, or build out of new plans.
- Ability to develop a benefits strategy that is aligned with the critical priorities of the business.
- Experience working within a large, matrixed environment (> 8,000 employees).
SPHR or CEBS designation a plus
- Plan and direct the overall design and implementation of all benefit programs, including health and welfare, retirement and financial programs and work, life and family consistent with the company’s strategic direction and employment proposition
- Analyze current and developing legislation, healthcare and retirement plan regulations and other environmental factors impacting plan performance and program competitiveness
- Manage program financials and utilization, prepare annual budgets and track all benefits related expenses
- Oversee the effective communication of the benefits plans and programs to optimize impact and understanding
- Manage strong vendor partnerships and utilization of external network of experts to include all outsourced administration solutions
- Ensure that benefit plans are administered in compliance with federal and state laws and regulations
- Ensure that all plan filings (such as Form 5500) and audits are performed to maintain plan qualification and compliance
- Oversee the audit process and work closely with legal counsel to develop required notices, plan amendments, plan documents, eligibility appeal response and other required documentation
- Work closely with organization to develop a strong value proposition and brand and clear and concise communication materials
- Lead, develop and motivate a strong, effective and respected Benefits organization
We are an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer