Director of Business Development
Business & Professional Services , Fundraising/Development
Position Description / Responsibilities
Social Link’s Business Development Team is dedicated to developing and implementing innovative and effective integrated marketing campaigns across a range of industry-leading products that span core segments: SAAS Platforms, Retail, Legal Professionals, Corporates, and Professionals. This Director role sets the strategic approach and execution for Social Links Business Development and lifecycle marketing across all segments, maximizing marketing attributed sales, revenue and growth within the organization. In addition, this role will be responsible for engaging leads and executing strategic sales cycles for maximum performance.
We are seeking an experienced, data-driven and inspiring leader for Director, Business Development to drive robust and integrated marketing strategies across segments (inbound & outbound). This is a high-visibility role, with strong opportunity for innovation and leadership, and requires a self-motivated individual with strong analytical background and communication skills who will, over time, manage and coach a team of marketers responsible for nurturing and activating best-in-class marketing practices.
- Responsible for creation and prioritization of integrated marketing activities to optimize marketing attributed sales, and revenue and identify new growth opportunities. This is achieved through a deep understanding of the line of business priorities and an analysis of current markets, trends, opportunities and risks as it relates to Business Development and growth.
- Review marketing performance results regularly and monitor campaigns to define opportunities to improve performance and provide strategic exec-level direction for marketing investment and prioritization
- Over time, develop a team of passionate, driven marketers / sales team members to deliver customer-first and innovative marketing, including implementation excellence and experimentation, as well as influence over cross-functional teams
- Present strategic priorities, frameworks and performance reviews to leadership and C-suite, including financials, test results, forecasts and metrics. This role functions in a consultative capacity to segment leadership and provides clear direction and recommendations.
- Support launch of new initiatives and programs; assess performance and recommend enhancements. This also includes managing outside vendors and ensuring successful / optimized campaigns.
- Lead marketing performance assessment and cross-channel sharing based on defined metrics for annual, quarterly, and monthly campaign and always-on marketing effectiveness
- Develop Sales packages and sales processes to create a scalable process for maximum growth potential.
- Lead all outbound activities and develop a strong outbound strategy that allows for industry targeting and high rate of return.
- Responsible for driving in-person networking and community building activities.
You’re a fit for the role of Director, Business Development if your background includes:
- Exceptionally data-driven and analytical, able to leverage the numbers to paint a compelling picture for clear and concise marketing recommendations. Conducts marketing analysis and modeling using quantitative and qualitative marketing data to guide the development of differentiated programs, insightful marketing strategies and targeted tactics
- Strong and persuasive communicator, with customer-first perspective who is highly skilled at influencing and persuading stakeholders and cross-functional teams. In addition, it’s important to communicate effectively with prospects / clients for continued growth.
- Fosters the development of a marketing / sales teams. Shares best practices and guides mastery of strategic marketing skill sets.
- Cultivates learning and an innovative environment – willing to boldly experiment and take smart risks.
- Fluency with key marketing metrics, strategic frameworks and methodologies (i.e. CAC, LTV, ROI, ROAS, digital and engagement metrics)
- Comfortable being both a leader and an executor in a small company with high growth potential.
- Comfortable with continuously changing priorities and excels at decision making.
- SAAS/tech industry experience and strategy consulting experience a plus.
- 5+ years marketing strategy, growth marketing, or management / strategy consulting.
Please apply online at https://www.sociallink.com/car...