Director of Clinical Performance
HQ, Office & Administrative Support
Position Description / Responsibilities
Summary of Job:
The Clinical Outcomes Manager oversees, monitors and manages clinical outcomes performance, interpretation of outcomes, data analysis, transparent outcomes and report generation, collaboration with enterprise quality management and clinical leaders to design appropriate interventions and / or organizational responses, and ensures ongoing feedback loops to inform future clinical product development. This position works closely with Research Institute leadership, enterprise quality leadership and designated enterprise clinical leadership to select and implement measurement and improvement strategies related to clinical treatment outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the mainstreaming of Centerstone’s clinical outcomes support function: developing innovative approaches and methodologies; monthly reporting and communication on outcomes management performance, identifying gaps in data elements to measure outcomes, identifying opportunities to improve clinical treatment outcomes, and collaboration with leadership to discern appropriate interventions and / or responses when indicated.
- Assesses processes and practices for improvement opportunities and supports continuous improvement initiatives to ensure high quality, compliance and gain organizational efficiency. Recommends strategies for implementing efficient outcomes management processes.
- Lead and / or conduct data analysis, statistical testing, rapid findings interpretation, report generation and outcomes reporting.
- Work with a large team of staff, including those who do not directly report to you, across a large geographic area on executing projects related to improving clinical care.
- Create a positive, strengths-oriented work culture within and across teams working on clinical and service excellence projects/products
- Identify barriers related to project success early on in projects, brainstorming solutions with project personnel, and championing solutions with leadership and key stakeholders.
- Work with the Research Institute leadership team to empower staff, managers, and teams to:
- Improve outcomes
- Create a solution-focused environment within their teams
- Uphold a culture of growth
- As needed, assist in disseminating best clinical and management practices through multiple media venues in coordination with Research Institute leadership.
- Supports and informs the acquisition and maintenance of information systems needed to ensure that essential outcomes are monitored and measured and that Centerstone providers and clinicians have access to consumable information for decision support.
- Works closely with Research Institute leadership to align ongoing evaluation and data activities to increase both efficiency and comparability to mainstream service delivery.
- Support Research Institute leadership in strategically acquiring/creating data collection systems to satisfy the reporting needs of evolving services/models for maximum utilization and profitability.
Supervisory Responsibilities for:
Requires project oversight for matrixed staff, as appropriate.
Requires annual completion of KPI forms
Regular and Reliable Attendance is required
Other Duties and Responsibilities: All other duties as assigned
Masters of Program Public Health, Program Evaluation, Social Work, Healthcare Administration, Nonprofit Administration, Organizational Leadership or Business Administration. Minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in program evaluation or applied research. Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in evaluation and application.
- Project Management and / or Lean Sigma certification(s) desired but not required.
- At least 2 years’ experience in direct social work with persons with mental illness and/or addiction preferred, or educational equivalent.
- At least 2 years’ experience in healthcare quality improvement, health IT project management, or implementation research, or educational equivalent.
- Flexible, detail oriented, conscientious, independent worker with a high degree of responsibility.
- Enjoys working with people from different backgrounds and with different abilities.
- Is skilled with diffusing conflict and nurturing a positive work environment.
- Ability to apply scientific thinking and continuous quality improvement techniques to improve clinical outcomes for Centerstone clients.
- Competency in selecting appropriate statistical tests, data analysis and rapid findings interpretation.
- Ability to interpret a variety of data within the context of operational constraints and varying sample sizes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point, Access, RedCap and data analysis software such as SPSS or SAS.
- Familiar with PM software & continuous quality improvement techniques.
- Facilitation of small and large meetings and events, both in person and electronically.
- Experience planning small and large events related to healthcare improvement.
- Excellent writing, editing, research, and keyboarding skills with rapid turn-around.
Applications can only be accepted via link https://centerstone.wd5.mywork...